Motor Bikin' in NO

J

JacksonCognac

Hi guys,

I am a motor bike rider out of New Orleans. I just put my 80cc kit together a few weeks ago, I've been having a good time moving this thing through the city. I'll throw some pictures up eventually, but its just the basic 80cc kit on a black cruiser frame with white walls. It looked pretty slick until I added folding rear baskets and a tail light.... I want this thing to be functional enough to get a couple bags of groceries and safe enough to ride at night.

I've got plans for my bike - I want to build a ram air intake, do the coil wire mod, and possibly get a boost bottle. I'm considering exhaust modifications but I don't want the bike to be too loud. I'm waiting to start on my modifications until my speedo arrives... ordered that a few days ago. I get the feeling she is pulling 30+ and I'd like to compare the results of my modifications.

thanks guys. just got back from the quarter. good 5 mile ride each way but it took me a bit longer since i tried a few drive thru's with little success. It ***** how they wont recognize a motor bike as a real vehicle. they straight up wont serve you even if they will serve cars and stuff at the same hour. ****in bs if you ask me.

I had to roll all the way down to bourbon street just to grab a burger or 2 (well 5 mini burgers in my case)... anywho, I could be a ****load drunker so I'm gonna end this one on a sober note. goodnight y'all. Happy ridin this sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the tribe. Have spent some time on the West Bank at Marerro and Westwego. This is a great forum and you will learn chingles. Sounds like your bike set up is for where you live. You may notice we do edit language here as this is a kid friendly forum. A little different than a lot of forums most people frequent and some would say quaint:D.
Welcome again from the Giant Side of Texas!

Last edited by a moderator:
lol sorry about the language guys i was wasted and it was like 5 am and i was ****ed that the drive thrus wouldnt serve me on my motorized bicycle. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for the warm welcome. My roommate (who helped me build my bike and originally got me into motor bikin') is bringing his bike down after christmas. We are gonna tear this city up! We will have to take some pics of our rides for the forums.

And yes kahuna, I have this bike tuned for the city with plenty more plans for customization. I've seen a couple motorized bikes down here and I think they suit the city well since from uptown to bourbon street is 5 miles. Last night I took home $50 worth of groceries - including a 12 pack of beer and a gallon of milk... with room to spare. I may never need a car again. ;)

Back