Motor Head Bolts

Paul87

Local time
5:41 AM
I recently installed one of those generic Chinese two strokes on a bike, and while everything is as it should be, the head bolts are sort of odd. There are four recesses where it appears there are screws at the bottom. Anybody familiar with this sort of setup?

I recently installed one of those generic Chinese two strokes on a bike, and while everything is as it should be, the head bolts are sort of odd. There are four recesses where it appears there are screws at the bottom. Anybody familiar with this sort of setup?
IMG_20210913_073403.jpg

Here's a picture

Thats because they are not bolts at all....Those double threaded rods are called "studs"...DAMIEN

When you put it back together again, you need a torque wrench...12 ft pds with a foot pound torque wrench...144 inch pounds if using an inch pound torque wrench...i make sure to use split ring lock washers as well.

Thats because they are not bolts at all....Those double threaded rods are called "studs"...DAMIEN

When you put it back together again, you need a torque wrench...12 ft pds with a foot pound torque wrench...144 inch pounds if using an inch pound torque wrench...i make sure to use split ring lock washers as well.
I have a torque wrench, would I need a long adapter to get to them?

Back