Motor is running bad now

yes i see oil notice a leak in exhaust and the head bolts seem to be tight but still room for tightening just dont want to tighten them to much

I had oil all over the front and back of my cylinder and bike. I pulled the head and had to hone the mating surface flat. The head gasket showed signs of escaping compression front and back.

To hone the surface, attach a sheet of cloth backed 240 grit sandpaper to a piece of glass with spray glue or other adhesive. You can also use the kitchen counter or table in a pinch.

Lightly hone the head surface and see where it doesn't shine from the honing. Keep honing the head, turning it a bit with each swipe. Keep the pressure low. When the entire ring is polished, you're done. You should also do this to the cylinder mating surface.

Be careful when using spray adhesive glue to stick sandpaper to plate glass it can go on uneven and clumpy making the sandpaper surface uneven. You'll never get the head flat. With the clothed backed sandpaper ya can spray WD-40 on the plate glass to hold it in place.
However the stick on 10" or 12" sandpaper discs work perfect when sticking them onto plate glass

Back