Motor kit for adult tricycle?

Kingdusk

Local time
5:54 PM
I recently purchased a Schwinn Meridian adult tricycle (http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Schwin...-in-Cherry-Blue-Silver-or-Mint-Green/12016722) and I want to add a motor to it. I first thought of adding a electric motor but i found that the price of batteries for them are too much for me so now im looking at gas motors. My question is if normal motor kits will work for the tricycle and if there is a specific type i need to get for the tricycle.

I bought the bike to get some exercise and lose some weight but it is literally impossible for me to go uphill with it, so thats why i was wanting to get the motor.

It might be a little more helpful to the OP if you shared some specific details if exactly how you went about motorizing the meridian, since that's what he seems to actually be asking for. Simply saying you made it happen does not lead the OP any closer to successfully motorizing his bike, now does it?

I doubt the OP knows where to put the plate or what it's for, let alone where to get or how to make one, but that post was a little more useful than your last one

Yea, its my first time ever attempting something like this. What i was asking was if there is a kit or specific motor that would work with a tricycle like it or if any type would work.

There are several types that work with a trike, each setup meeting different wants and needs for the rider, each with it's own set of advantages and disadvantages, and some may cost more than others. It helps a lot to have a general idea of what you want and need in a motorbike before starting a project, especially one involving a trike.

Back