Motor mount cracked

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
10:32 PM
I have a 49cc 4 stroke and it was mounted on the gasbike yellow zinc multi mount. I realize it is rather thin material and it only has 1 bolt adjustment in the slots on either side instead of 2 bolts. It cracked in 3 or 4 different places so not such a good mount I even had washers on the bottom of the engine. I think torque or vibration caused the cracks as it lifted up in the front. Could also be from the chain loosening after every ride and yanking on the mount. I'd get the black mount that appears to be 3/16 or 1/8 instead.

I have a 49cc 4 stroke and it was mounted on the gasbike yellow zinc multi mount. I realize it is rather thin material and it only has 1 bolt adjustment in the slots on either side instead of 2 bolts. It cracked in 3 or 4 different places so not such a good mount I even had washers on the bottom of the engine. I think torque or vibration caused the cracks as it lifted up in the front. Could also be from the chain loosening after every ride and yanking on the mount. I'd get the black mount that appears to be 3/16 or 1/8 instead.
Pictures or it didn't happen. :LOL:

Smart comm. but nonetheless true. I think the Chinese metallurgy spans between different types of kit as the British would say. I guess they do call steel iron over in China don't they? atleast in the descriptions. The instruction manuals are a spelling bee waiting to happen. If the aluminium holds up the chrome plating should. Just my two bents. I do realize the electric option now with setups that can reach high 30's and hub mounted output would get rid of any jenky mount issues. 4 years of tinkering with things that break think i'd try something else, technically. 2 stroke to 4 stroke but retain separate problems. The youngsters either don't have enough cash for a rock solid platform or just want to ride around for the summer. You know, college debts and trying to live somewhere without owning 2 dollars. Not that I go to college. I guess for the average 30-50 year old man it doesn't matter what's falling off as long as it scoots. They could get by out in the world decades ago. Well I suppose it's enough for a beer run eh? I'll figure something out.

Last edited:
You know, an HVAC company could bend you a new one of those on their box & pan. Your motor doesn't need all the slots, and you could probably get away with just the holes. Shouldn't cost more than the piece of steel.

While I was at it changed the oil and adjusted valve lash to .003 and .004 they looked a little sloppy. The rocker pin seems to just sit in place but there are threads for a missing set screw in the middle.

Things that broke on the Nel Lusso so far,

The exhaust I was running has broke into 4 pieces including the muffler. Would think the pipe would snap at flange first, did later but nope muffler fell off like it was butter. It's funny how vibrations can fracture metal so easily. Time for a scooter or something, even 4 stroke bicycles have too many issues. One thing that you wouldn't think breaking is the belt drive cover strap, After 2 or 3 breakages I made one from a sturdy hard drive bracket (not made in china) like saipan or something. Honda ruckus, never had one but ready for that over this nel lusso. The decorative piece under the gas tank lost 2 of the rivets and the 3rd was going to fall out. Crap speedometer that has been flickering for 3 days. The belt guide wore through the pulley and plopped onto the jackshaft, since fixed with 4 homemade rivets and punch marks. Also lost one of the motor mount adjustment bolts to vibration.

strap for bike.jpg

One thing is for sure the mount needs to be solid with little to no movement and some form of loctite. Avoid all cheap brackets/bolts/sprockets in 2 stroke or 4 stroke kits it's all crap. Threads will strip, fastener heads will strip and they can also snap inside threaded holes. Trust me I learned the best part is the engine itself I advise building from there.

Back