Motor Mount for the OCC Stingray?

• Thread starter TheDustyShredder
  • Start date
T

TheDustyShredder

If I may just revive this:

I'm building a stingray up with an electric start 198cc engine from Duromax, 4 stroke. My thoughts here are either buying that cnc mount and a cnc plate, or making one by bending a plate to match the curve, and two 1/8" thick straps, also bent to match the curve, bolting those onto the frame securely, and then having another plate bolted onto the engine, and then bolt that onto the base plate with washers and rubber spacers for vibration control. It would be admittedly ugly, but it would work, I hope. I plan on putting a 10 speed cassette on the rear wheel and driving that with the engine, so I don't need an offset. That's provided by the jackshaft.

Last edited by a moderator:
The flea market by my house has this one for sale for $250 , looked like they welded the motor mounts to the frame , going to be going there tomorrow , if he still has it , I am going to snap a couple of pics
QB+vTR6JTRqDFD1k+pWFFw.jpg

The flea market by my house has this one for sale for $250 , looked like they welded the motor mounts to the frame , going to be going there tomorrow , if he still has it , I am going to snap a couple of pics
View attachment 104407
That poor bike is a death trap, no pedals or chain and the seat post is crushed.

That poor bike is a death trap, no pedals or chain and the seat post is crushed.
Lol 'Death trap' is an understatement.... but it's such a shame not to put in a little effort to tidy her up and do the classic some justice. Shame indeed.

I picked up the cheap Ebay schwinn chopper mount off Ebay for AUD$50, fitted it to make sure chain positioning is good, then welded the plate of the mount directly to the base bar of the frame to prevent the engine from moving caused by the vibrations.

Attachments

• 20210611_142323.jpg
    20210611_142323.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 200
Back