Motor mount planning, need input, take 2

Ello, gov'nor- I have thought about the governor. when I do i become frustrated- then enraged and eventually depressed. I will save the political rant for a time when I have more energy.

I'm not sure what the question is- but- I have removed all linkage from governor shaft to carburetor. I don't plan to crack open the case and remove the internals. from what I have researched the GC160 does not like to be revved past stock- like 3800 rpm. I imagine keeping it under 5000 rpm should be "safe". That should be plenty of revs for what I'm doing. These motors seem to have been more popular a few years ago, but I like the way it looks and its inexpensive.

anything else?

Ello, gov'nor- I have thought about the governor. when I do i become frustrated- then enraged and eventually depressed. I will save the political rant for a time when I have more energy.

I'm not sure what the question is- but- I have removed all linkage from governor shaft to carburetor. I don't plan to crack open the case and remove the internals. from what I have researched the GC160 does not like to be revved past stock- like 3800 rpm. I imagine keeping it under 5000 rpm should be "safe". That should be plenty of revs for what I'm doing. These motors seem to have been more popular a few years ago, but I like the way it looks and its inexpensive.

anything else?
I would crack the case to remove internals of the gov then tap and plug hole. Pretty common on these small engines for them to drop the arm inside the motor when the top portion is removed - mine did on the third test ride but luckily didnt hurt anything. Another guy on here had it happen on his 212.

I to like the look of the GC engine in a bike frame, sits there nice and square. I wouldn't worry about revving it, actually 5000 rpm is a realistic goal on one of these bikes.
The governor is just like an exploded appendix, it has to come out.

Is the engine new or used? If it's used, it probably could use the fresh oil anyway.

PsychDoc, if you want to remove the governor, Pro Tip: snip the portion of the arm off that protrudes from the engine before you start.

Back