Motor on max speed

Carlos motors

Local time
1:31 AM
I have one question. Is it safe for motor to run in every ride maybe for 2 3 minutes on max throtle? I had so many problems with my motorized bike so I am afraid of almost everything about my motor. When I accelerate my motor has more or less same sound till 41 42 kph and usualy then I slow down but if I continue to accelerate for few seconds it remains on 41 42 and then it continues to accelerate but sound changes and the way piston move is like much smoother and faster normally but I am afraid it may damage the motor. Do you have similar things with your motor and should I worry?

You should worry if your engine's running lean at top end.
How to check?
Run your ride at max throttle on flat ground for 20 seconds.
Kill the engine at max throttle.
Coast and pedal to a safe spot, and let the engine cool off.
Remove spark plug and inspect the color at the electrode.
If color is chocolate brown, all is well.
If color is white, your engine's running too lean.
If you keep running max throttle like this, engine damage may occur.
Adjust your carb for a richer top end mixture.
Repeat above procedure until the spark plug reads light brown.
Now you're golden.
JMO, I wouldn't run my engine for 3 minutes at wide-open throttle(WOT).
But that's just me.
Once I ran my twin Mitsubishi engines WOT on a hot day, for 10 minutes on flat ground.
Sparkplug reading was slightly lean, due to expansion pipes.
The engines didn't mind, but that was just once.

No, Frankenstein. I don't think so.
A plug reading is at the end of a WOT run. The engine MUST be turned off IMMEDIATELY at WOT.
The engine must NOT be allowed to return to idle and left running. If that happens, then WOT readings become inaccurate.
If you pull the iron spark plug out of a hot aluminum head, ya MIGHT damage the plug threads.
Let the engine cool down, for ITS sake as well as your hands.
A spark plug reading will look the same 2 seconds after you turn the engine off, or 2 minutes/days/months/years later.

Could you please explain me how to adjust my carb? And also how should I know my motor is too hot?

Look online on how to adjust your carb. There many, many videos and articles. I read article after article before properly tuning my Mikuni VM 18. It's good to understand why your doing what your doing.

Back