Motor only runs on starting fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.

w3af

Local time
3:15 PM
Hi Guys, i been down since Oct. 1, 2016
Out now got my bike back from the now ex , but it wont start, it had summer gas in it, i had it all dialed in (drilled out fuel adj. Scap on stock carb, Hausheng 49cc) it was daily rider one pull start, thing is im in Billings now , (thanks DOC & MSP) and i was in Sidney up north, its been avg. -11 here, but today its 25 above, wld luv to be able to ride instead of walk to work,
So ive drained carb bowl numerous times drained tank & put new gas in, i think stock adj. On fuel screw was 2 1/4 turns out, started there , but it just wont keep running, i have irradium plug in it, havent pulled it yet, maybe today since no risk of frostbite.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Trev

It doesn't look particularly tampered with? Maybe pull the carb and a give a good cleaning with cleaner, the gas turns into shellac if it sits long enough and that can keep the motor from getting what it needs. Sometimes starting fluid on the filter can get it running and keep it going until the clean fuel opens the carb pathways up and it can on its own.

Yeppers, clean the carb out. Clean the idle jet out too located under the black plastic idle rpm screw too. You should be good to go then.

Also put a little Sea Foam in the tank, will clean any left over res-ado, varnish, water. works great. Always put it in if it's going to set for a while........Curt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back