motor pushy wont start properly???

imasnipe

Local time
3:38 AM
Hey all, recently me and my dad chucked a 66cc engine on a mountain bike, ran good for a week, then I think the problem started ever since I tried riding it without the spark plug, I didn't realise I took it off and tried starting it for a few mins and it was just starting but not going obviously. Well im not sure if that did it but it takes me around 5-10 mins to get it started now I have to ride it around dropping the clutch then riding it without holding the clutch in, my mates say the clutch wasn't installed properly or something to do with clutch pads thinking the clutch is connected or something , my dad says he installed it properly without a doubt and we have bought a new spark plug didn't change a thing, dads thinking its the magneto but no idea. Its weird everything seems to be fine the wires are connected properly it just takes me so long to start and frustrates me when my mates just take off in 2 seconds and have to wait around for me haha. Any ideas?

need more info

when it does start, how does it run?

whole thing may just be due to you leaving petcock on & filling motor with fuel when parked

check for air leak at intake mount, check for slide sticking in carb, check choke position, open drain on carb & check fuel flow

Pull the plug back out, turn the fuel off, and pedal it around with clutch out up the street and back a couple of times to blow out all that raw fuel in the crankcase.

Back