motor quality??? which one???

B

blompod

there are quite a few motors to choose from, according to the article about those cute little chinese motors on this site the gru bee motors are the best. Im in Australia and I can get the Gru Bees here, but only in 50cc, the seller told me that the 70 and 80cc "no brand" models have troubles, and the smaller motors are better made and more reliable, is this the case? I want to get the larger motor, more power of course. just wondering which way to go. If one of the guys in the know on this site could take a look at https://www.ebay.com.au the Australian ebay site, do a search for motorised bicycles and please post some feed back on which larger motor to get, would be much appreciated. The only one that mentions a brand is the Gru Bee importer. There is an 80cc picture with a CE on the engine case, does this denote the brand? Anyway if anyone can help, thankyou :D

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
blompod

it sounds like some one was blowing smoke your way I have been running the 80cc for over a yr now and have well over 2000 miles on it now the only trouble I have had is the little things that all the bikes go through. The one problem I have noticed is the cdi unit but I think they have worked that out with all the models.

Cookie

Thanks cookie, hope thats the case with my 80cc when I get it. I was just led to believe if its not Gru Bee its crap. I must say they do have a nice site on the net.

i have the howell "70"...never have figured out the "70/80" mystery, but that "80" on the au-ebay appears to be the exact same kit as the one i just installed.

pay very close attention to bolts and gaskets during the first 20-40 miles, as the posts here indicate...yer gonna LOVE it!!

The "Howell" engine comes from the same factory in China that the GruBee is made in. Howell is just the name of the guy selling it. My name is Green mmmmm.... "Green" engine has a nice tree hugging ring to it. I do a lot of importing of other items and have been checking on a variety of bike engine options. The CE you see on the engine just means it was manufactured to meet CE guidelines and standards.

well, yes, i bought my chinese engine from grady howell :p

please, keep us posted on how that import thing goes 8)

they are all made in the same factory by the same hands so what is the big deal :)

Cookie said:
they are all made in the same factory by the same hands so what is the big deal :)
none at all, i think my post looked as if i dint know that, MHC-P was only being informative, then, i was only being a smartypants :p

Thanks Augidog and mates, well if they all basicaly come from the same factory its all good. Will order this week, yes really looking forward to it. Mine has to last me a couple of years till i get my licence back, Putting it in an Electra Straight 8. Will post some picks when done. I'll be so breaking the law but as spoken about here, very hard for the local heat to know what kind of power the motor is making. Unless I get a radar gun pointed at me :eek:

Back