motor question

T-BONE

Local time
4:08 AM
I was thinking about getting one of these motors

http://www.zone8cycling.com/Bicycle-Engine-Kit-RAW-50cc-EPA-Certified-p29.html

are they good quality? Also I was planning on putting it on a schwinn 24'' mountain bike. according to the seller the frame is 14" and the top tube is 20". Will this motor fit in this frame?

here is a pic for reference
1171f3132ZZZZZZZZZ8b1921d4eb266c416aa.jpg

Thanks in advance!

hey bone

looks like the standard HT engine -- don't know a lot in regards to those except
DON"T BUY from BoyGo Fast Co.
always make sure that you are buying from a company you can trust
did you check the vendo review section ?

get one and -- ride that thing

If it was me i would be reluctant to buy from this particular vendor cos he lists NO spare parts.Engines(and kits) vary from vendor to vendor so unless your expecting never to have any problems i would steer clear.
The general rule for mounting a HT engine is 14''(36cm) distance in the "seat tube",measured from the INSIDE.You can go smaller but it's not recommended for routine maintenance.
descriptions.jpg

If it was me i would be reluctant to buy from this particular vendor cos he lists NO spare parts.Engines(and kits) vary from vendor to vendor so unless your expecting never to have any problems i would steer clear.
The general rule for mounting a HT engine is 14''(36cm) distance in the "seat tube",measured from the INSIDE.You can go smaller but it's not recommended for routine maintenance.
View attachment 12462

so would it fit on this bike or not?

i have the 80cc engine kit from raw
its good
no problems with engine
only problem i had was the chain tensor was too big for my frame
but a little rubber pieces made it fit good
no problems there
other problem was clutch lever on handle broke (user error in my part) but part is not strongest, like i brush a wall walking it down driveway and it snapped

but its worth the money in my opinion

I may stick with the raw especially because of that 6 month warranty but can any one else reccommend a good retailor for 50cc engines that also sells replacement parts?

thanks but I would rather buy from the US. Also would the 50cc engines have enough power to do some trails? Nothing to serious just bike trails through the woods may be a little bumpy though.

Back