Engine Trouble Motor runs at idle but doesnt accelerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do i clean out the exhaust?
Well sticking it in a fire is the normal way but these things can't handle much.. I did stick a mapp torch in the end after going at it a bit with a butter knife. Let it run for 10 minutes, keep it outdoors it's really nasty stuff. I couldn't care less about the chrome.

You'd be best off just getting another if it doesn't clear easily. They are cheap...

success, good and bad news. Bike runs perfectly without an exhaust. I swapped exhausts but the bike wouldnt start so i went back to no exhaust and it started up fine again. what could that be?

my first guess is that you've clogged two mufflers - either get one that works or get a long drill bit (I have one 18inches long) and drill up thru the honeycomb catalytic converter in there for 3 or 4 holes thru - if your muffler has all the new welding rather than bolts, this can be hard to do

I've heard of folks soaking in oven cleaner over night, but not sure if that will do it.

I'll be purchasing a new muffler. Updates coming soon

New 80cc kit arrived today. I replaced the exhaust of the 50ccmotor kit im having issues on with the new muffeler from this 80cc kit. The bike will not turnover. Still starts fine with no exhaust, not sure what else to check without opening the engine internals...

New 80cc kit arrived today. I replaced the exhaust of the 50ccmotor kit im having issues on with the new muffeler from this 80cc kit. The bike will not turnover. Still starts fine with no exhaust, not sure what else to check without opening the engine internals...
Maybe that engine is done if it doesn't want back pressure to run,what's the compression on it?

I'ts running without the exhaust because it is getting some air through the exhaust port without the muffler impeding it, and allowing it to run even though it has a to rich condition. Raise the clip on the needle of the carb to the top notch and see if that helps.

So my new 50cc engine was running fine for a few days after building. Now it starts and runs with the clutch pulled in. But doesnt have any power i have to pedal to the speed i want then it barely keeps that speed losing power over time. This is what my intake looks like. I feel like i dont have enough gap for air fuel to enter. Please give me your opinions
check your head bolts torque

Ill attempt raising the clip to the top notch ill post results soon.
I do not believe i have the tools to test compression on my engine unfortunately.

most auto parts stores will loan a compression gauge for free

wish I had that motor in the shop, because I can't understand what this could be, but probably would be obvious if I saw it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back