Motor Size and Power Comparison

the 48cc head is .4" lower. cylinder heights are the same. If I had to I wouldn't hesitate to cut some fins off to make room.

Great! So far I am leaning towards the 48cc.

Do both of your 48 and 60's have slant heads?

Thanks for the speedy replies!

Does anyone know about the extra size/power of the Super Rat?

You could get the 48cc, upgrade to 60cc but keep the head if space is an issue. You'll just have to use a rotary tool to match the case to the transfer ports bottom, and to enlarge the head "dish" to be 45mm wide.

That is an interesting idea for another build but since I've already fit a 66cc in here with only minor modifications that would be overkill in my opinion.

Is there a very noticeable difference in power between the 49cc, the 66cc, and the Super Rat?(Any examples?)

I know what ever motor I end up with I will enhance for my specific uses, so I am wondering what would be the best starting point?

the 49cc is just plain gutless. I have no experience with the 66cc but I think my 60cc is similar to it. You'll want to either:
1) add an intake extension
2) add a reed valve and expansion chamber (and hopefully cut the baffle and add in a 50mm extension for a mild street powerband)

Thanks for the ideas, but I already have most of those implamented on my current dead motor. I am not asking how to increase power, since I've already done lots of reading on the subject.

I want to know the differences between motors A, B, and C.

You called the 49cc "gutless" I will assume that means it has far less torque than your "60cc"?

ok, so far the facts we have are:

A. 48cc (.4"shorter height, .25" smaller width, and 27% less displacement than the 66cc)
B. 66cc (Opposite of A)
C. 66cc Super Rat? ANY INFO ON SIZE/POWER COMPARISON?

Jaguar: Do both of your motors (48&60) have slant heads? Thanks

Back