motor spits

bikeman6969

Local time
8:19 AM
my bike starts right up and goes good untill i get to 20mph then it starts to sputter it does not die but it does not go any faster either it is a brand new kit is it to lean? please help

Try partially using the choke. If you get better performance with the choke in partway your definitely too lean. Does the rpm's of the motor go up when you put the clutch in? If you've done a good few miles pull the spark plug and see what colour it is. Google reading spark plugs, it should be a nice toasty brown colour. Good luck.

BSA

i have the same trouble when i reach some speed in flat road i heard that sound change and the speed cant grow up and when i hit something the speed turn on to normal and return in 10 sec to the weird mod ;s i dont know what to do i read that can be the airfilter or the sparkplug not sure really ?

we have to do a video of that problem that seem to appear of all of us .

Last edited by a moderator:
Check if your running too lean or if you have an airleak. Start and warm up the engine and then hit the choke fully, it should kill the engine straight away.

BSA

i have tried the airfilter and doesnt really help . i will try too change the needle clip to other place.

In one of the articles I read that I need to change the chinese plug to ngk b6hs and this is something which I have to do tomorrow but i also have a problem that due to lack of space I had to use a short plug can anyone tell me another plug model?(in case that the ngk b6hs is long)

In one of the articles I read that I need to change the chinese plug to ngk b6hs and this is something which I have to do tomorrow but i also have a problem that due to lack of space I had to use a short plug can anyone tell me another plug model?(in case that the ngk b6hs is long)

Was going to say the same, it now seems a standard procedure to do away with the kit's plug, lead and plug cap.

From own expirience so far,
1st cab off the rank to sort out in these kits:
NGK B6HS, NGK Right Angle Cap and
quality copper lead, (more copper stands)

must be all 3 to remove all doubt and one of ther simplest to do.
There are other plug types but I ain't tried any yet.

I am experiencing a similar problem. My kit is new as well. I have replaced the plug,lead and boot. I have checked for air leaks. I have tried 2 different carbs. (See my post 'Upgraded Carb') I have adjusted the needle from lean to rich and back again. I tried a larger size jet in the standard carb. This just caused the motor to not rev past about 3k.

This isn't my first Happy time build but I haven't seen this problem before. It feels like a fuel problem but nothing seems to correct it.

Back