Motor sputtering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced the gaskets when I bought the new carb.

Got a new spark plug ordered... we'll see if that doesn't help some.

Honestly though, I'm seriously ready to just chuck it and get another two stroke.

I replaced the gaskets when I bought the new carb.

Got a new spark plug ordered... we'll see if that doesn't help some.

Honestly though, I'm seriously ready to just chuck it and get another two stroke.
That's odd I honestly don't know what the problem could be. Best of luck to you!

I use wd40 and spray it at the intake and connections to the carb from the jug to see if there are air leaks. if there is a leak the motor will change its idle. wish I could help more but I don't know much about 4 stroke motors.

Like Darwin said, check valves for proper adjustment .004"intake .006 exhaust.. Youtube video gxh50 valve adjustment don't use his numbers.

Like Darwin said, check valves for proper adjustment .004"intake .006 exhaust.. Youtube video gxh50 valve adjustment don't use his numbers.

Do you have a video in mind? Because I can't find one for MY motor. Honda was as close as I could find and that one didn't say just what or how to measure. Only where to adjust. Is there a specific tool I need? Better still would be a video showing the engine running BEFORE this adjustment. If it sounds like mine they yea, I'll try.

I searched for "Huasheng gxh50 valve adjustment"

It's not uncommon for new engines to have improper valve adjustment. Watch adjusting valves in a 4 stroke engine. Different engine but concept is the same. This is something you should know how to do and well worth learning even if it does not solve your problem though it may very well.

Substitute the screwdriver for a allen wrench and the feeler gauge mesurments to .004" intake .006" exhaust. The intake being the valve closest to the carb.. Pay attention to the valve cover so it is installed in the same direction it was removed with bump to rear of engine.
When you purchase the feeler gauge make sure it has these thicknesses. I found mine at Napa auto. You may want to inlist your mechanic friend for this the first time if you aren't comfortable with it. You want to get it right.

I think I found a pretty good video....

So I'll go take the thing apart, make sure I know what tools I need... then off to the parts store.

Hey guys, I got the valve cover off, I see I only need a phillips screwdriver, Going to pick up those feeler gauges.
Now... how does one turn the motor to make those valves go up and down? Do I need "top dead center?" And on MY motor, exactly how do I do that?

Also... long story but I ordered an NT carb off gasbike.net, came with an adapter to fit a 4 stroke. Anyone ever try this?
I TRIED to cancel this order before they ever shipped it. But the stupid company shipped it anyway. Paypal I found out is beyond useless (not using them anymore. My credit card would have reversed this charge.)
But... since I'm kinda stuck with this part, I could try it.
One step at a time though, I do agree that the valves might need adjusting. Will do this and try it first.

One thing is certain.... with all this I sure am learning about motors. Not getting much riding but learning is always good.

Hey guys, I got the valve cover off, I see I only need a phillips screwdriver, Going to pick up those feeler gauges.
Now... how does one turn the motor to make those valves go up and down? Do I need "top dead center?" And on MY motor, exactly how do I do that?

Also... long story but I ordered an NT carb off gasbike.net, came with an adapter to fit a 4 stroke. Anyone ever try this?
I TRIED to cancel this order before they ever shipped it. But the stupid company shipped it anyway. Paypal I found out is beyond useless (not using them anymore. My credit card would have reversed this charge.)
One step at a time though, I do agree that the valves might need adjusting. Will do this and try it first.

One thing is certain.... with all this I sure am learning about motors. Not getting much riding but learning is always good.
Just use the pull starter. You will notice that at one point of pulling you feel a stronger resistance. This is the compression stroke and at that time both of the valves are closed. Turn it over a few times and watch how the valves act. just before the comp. stroke the intake valve will close.

Here are the steps I followed:
https://motoredbikes.com/threads/adjusting-valves-on-huasheng-142f.53067/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back