Motor Studs too Narrow for Bike Frame

Gupa Nupa

Local time
9:26 PM
I understand how to use the universal mount for the 'front' part of the motor when the down-tube is thicker than the mounting studs will allow, but what do I do if the rear mounting studs are too narrow for my frame? I toyed with the idea of using a second universal mount on the rear down-tube but the size of the plate would interfere with where the chain needs to go. Any solution or do I need to buy a different bike?

I understand how to use the universal mount for the 'front' part of the motor when the down-tube is thicker than the mounting studs will allow, but what do I do if the rear mounting studs are too narrow for my frame? I toyed with the idea of using a second universal mount on the rear down-tube but the size of the plate would interfere with where the chain needs to go. Any solution or do I need to buy a different bike?
Showing a few pics of your bike would help us help you...lol...DAMIEN

Use a piece of angle iron in place of the flat plate. just cut to size and drill some holes. Bolt it up in a U shape an use the clamp. Or you can notch it, weld a piece on the frame, and use it like a real motor mount. I weld on angle iron after I get it where I want it, then if I want to change motors, it's all aligned from the get go, no fooling around, 20 min engine swap. Oh and if you have any schedule 40, cut a strip of it and use it to reinforce the tube for the mount.

Back