Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody wellman

Local time
12:15 PM
After looking around i have found many articles talking about how to lock up your bike to prevent theft. I want to ride my motor bike to work. I am able to park my bike in a pretty open area but their are tons of desperate homeless drug addicts people, and I am worried about thieves. I have a good lock for the frame, and a thick wire cable for the tires, but what can i do to secure the motor from being stolen? Like I said these guys are desperate, they will steal just about anything to get their next fix. Btw heres a picture of my MB, I'm waiting to get a new fuel switch so i can put the gas tank back on!

image.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is either finding a U bolt that fits between the head and right beneath the front engine mount or get a nice strong chain around the same area with a strong lock (yellow dots). If there is proper tension in the chain and lock, it should not rattle while you ride and a thief should not be able to remove the engine if he or she has removed the mounting bolts. I dunno; hard one, LOL.

Attachments

• lock.jpg
    lock.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 478
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back