Engine Trouble Motor won't run

G

Gunnar Rennie

So I bought one of these motorized bicycle kits from Amazon and I put it together I rode it to the drive-thru by my house about 10 minutes away and it died in my drive thru. I have replaced the carburetor the clutch cable throttle cable spark plug and I'm currently running a 16 to 1 ratio I have spark compression but the motor won't stay running more than a minute my biggest fear is that I may have cooked the motor on the drive there but I doubt it if anyone has run into this problem please help me

I think most issues new, are fuel related if your sure it's getting good spark. you could see if the fuel flows thru the line, disconnected from carb, petcock on.
if it's not that, turn idle screw all the way in, then back it out 1 1/2 turns. try running it without air filter and fresh premix fuel.

probably something simple,, like an air leak or even the tank won't let fuel flow, , don't give up hope! lots of ppl will be on n try to help by tomorrow

It don't sound like you blew your engine especially if it will start again. Sounds like an air leak or fuel problem. Also, 16x1 is too much oil. I know the mfg recommends 16x1 but seriously, if you run that much oil it will just eventually clog up your exhaust pipe. Try 24x1 for a few gallons to break it in and then go to 32x1 with a high quality synthetic or semi synthetic 2 cycle oil.

Back