Motor won't start/keep running, have tried most of what people suggested on discord.

Bananas

Local time
5:30 AM
My bike won't start, had this problem for a couple months already. It sometimes starts when it's cold, and has been sitting, then runs for a couple seconds and dies. There is spark, there is compression, there is fuel getting to the cylinder, I don't know how I can check for air leaks if I can't even get it running. I don't know what else to do, any help would be appreciated.

First make sure you're getting fuel to the carb. Check your float height. Make sure the jet didn't fall out and laying in the bowl. Put an o ring in your carb where it slides onto the intake to make sure its not leaking air between the slits in the carb body under the clamp. When the carb is off and apart clean and blow out the passages with brakleen or carb cleaner.

I literally did all of that, except for checking the fliat height. It has a "HP" carb on it as of now, cause I had it and figured why not give it a shot. I also have one of those short intakes with the O-ring.

If it starts when its colder out. It sounds like its rich so when its colder out the air is denser and the fuel mixture is closer to being correct and the bike momentarily starts. I'd double check the float height and go down in jet sizes til it starts. What does the plug look like after trying to start it? Is it wet with fuel? Or dry?

If it starts when its colder out. It sounds like its rich so when its colder out the air is denser and the fuel mixture is closer to being correct and the bike momentarily starts. I'd double check the float height and go down in jet sizes til it starts. What does the plug look like after trying to start it? Is it wet with fuel? Or dry?
Wet with choke, kinda wet with no choke

Mine has a #70 jet, checked literally today. I also had a "speed" carb, which I was running previously. I might just try to put it back on, after cleaning fully again, cause I think it was a little better than this one.

You can try adjusting your idle screw. Turn it all the way in and try to start it. Then, assuming it starts, turn the screw slowly back out until it reaches a idle speed youre happy with. Default setting should be about 1 &1/2 turns from all the way in, but this can vary depending on setup. If it runs with all the way in, but dies if you turn it out very much, there may be a air leak somewhere

Back