Motorbicycle on highway

INTP_ty

Local time
9:07 AM
I live in the country here in MN & have been riding my motor bike on the highway as do I road bike with my road bicycle.

Someone mentioned it was illegal? Why would a legal pedal assisted bicycle ridden in town be any different than the highway? Both roads exist within the State & therefore State thereof or jurisdiction.

Different kinds of highway, 2 lane, 4 lane etc.. What route designation does it have? US highway, state highway, county road? Is it an interstate highway?

Different kinds of highway, 2 lane, 4 lane etc.. What route designation does it have? US highway, state highway, county road? Is it an interstate highway?

Idk it all falls under State Order

That’s where it claims it’s independence

I’m pretty sure it’s legal since it’s still a bicycle

HighWay or freeway??? and the biggest reason there "Illegal" is because of speed and hazardous conditions

Here where i live you must drive 70-75MPH on the highway any vehicle that can't reach these speeds are known as a hazardous and not allow on the highway such as mopeds

a moped going 35Mph would cause traffic problems or other death causing problems because of speeding cars and impatient drivers

I'm not sure how it is in other states, but in California, riding a bicycle on a highway is legal, but riding on the freeway is not. For example near me, Interstate 99 north of Sacramento is a highway that has sections that turn into "freeway" and back to "highway". There are signs for when it happens, goes back and forth several times.

the interstate type of freeway are all we have my end of Ohio and at on ramps. they post min. 45mph 5hp signs lol. half of you would be good to go! hahahaha
I think the only reason CG bikes are ruling is bcs you can slap a kit on almost any bike and be motorized for 150 or less. really the only difference why 4 sttokes are more money is bcs a cam and pushrods. but like dirtbikes competitively all going to 4s, bcs it's shown a 4 stroke can be just as fast around the mx track if not faster pending on conditions
all we need is a BIKE engine 4 stroke with the same type mounts as a cg. then it'll be a revolution lol

Back