Motorbike 80cc Turbo Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow dude your just special, this is twice now! Yes I used your ridiculous statement to point out to those whom wish to actually learn that this is very possible!
You are obviously one of those who doesn't know but thinks they do!
I did not reply to your post therin not trying to argue with you, I don't give a s**t what you think!
Yes I live in Canada and ride all year round and in the summer we have 90+f days quite often where I run for an hour plus one way at 50+ mph just to get to my buddies house 68 miles away and my engine temp will be 235-240 f, that's over an hour above 7k in that heat!
Like I said your one of those whom doesn't really know wtf your talking about, a ccr of 1.12 is 5-6 p.s.i. my engine has a ccr of 1.2 which is just over 10 p.s.i and a decent 2t with a ccr of 1.4 what do you think that is if 1.2 is 10, DUH !
Want video? Go watch my stock board tracker video where a BOX STOCK engine sustains 53 mph no pipe and over 11k rpm, Damien's stock Zeda 80 did 50+ again over
11k rpm, I have many customer builds that all do the same because as I said setup is KEY here and knowing how they really work makes a big difference in getting the setup right!
I'm special... :LOL:

Twice now, yet you never responded to the last discussion we had because you couldn't. I keenly noticed that you disappeared for a while... Now you are mad, and when your underhanded passive aggressive jab at me failed and I called you out for it, ad hominems abound, just like last time

Wait, I see a pattern here. You attack ME and not the information. Where is the evidence I asked for? Nowhere, what a surprise. I would love to see an example of a bike going wide open for as long as you claim. Keep in mind, I never said it was impossible, but highly unlikely. I also did mention that you oversimplified a complex thing, and I said that for a reason. One good example, wheel size and rear sprocket size both determine speed at a given RPM. Having a bike that can go 40-50mph it will have less issues cooling than a bike that goes 25-30, speeds that are far more realistic for a typical bog standard 66cc, which is the only type of engine I am talking about - more on that and the term out of the box later

Go ahead and shift those goal posts again too, just like last time. Show me where, at any point, I said anything about CCR numbers? Before or after? No? Why are you going on about something I never mentioned nor is applicable to anything I have talked about. Heat, and more specifically heat on a forced induction application, which I am not sure if you understand that turbo engines run pretty hot for a few reasons. Take barely adequate cooling capability and ramp up intake temps, exhaust resistance, and increased compression and combustion pressures.... it gets pretty darn toasty very quickly.

Since you seem to be relatively intelligent and seem so upset over ccr numbers even though I never once talked about them, what happens when you introduce compressed atmosphere and compress it again? Your 10psi of crankcase pressure is in relation to static atmosphere. In the world of forced induction, something I am extremely experienced with, we operate with pressure ratios for a reason. I will see if you can put together WHY I brought those points up. ;) Hint: If you run 5psi of boost from a turbocharger into your crankcase and it compresses to a pressure ratio of 1.68, the absolute crankcase pressure at peak relative to regular atmosphere would be over 18psi. Ever seen one of these engines hold 18psi? How about 21.8? That's what you would get with just 2 more psi of boost pressure. Notice that it isn't linear, that's your clue. This covers the other big point I was trying to make, the crank seals being able to withstand that type of pressure reliably for a reasonable amount of time. Who knows, maybe they can, but I have my reasonable doubts. Since nobody has actually done a turbo on one of these engines, there isn't much evidence either way.

On to another point. You keep talking about stock engines yet saying the word "build" Just want to clarify that these supposed high RPM engines were untouched out of the box in any way? No tweaking, modding, port work of any kind, removal of gaskets. Just stock induction, pistons, rings, gaskets, and cylinders. Out of the Box means exactly that. This is for clarification purposes, because what you say seems contradictory. Does your "BOX STOCK" 53mph engine have a standard carburetor like the one they come with?

P.S. My name is not "Dude." If you are incapable of being respectful, civil, and calm then I will simply leave it at this point again. I have not once disrespected you and I would ask the same in return. Insult me one more time and I will just block you and move on with my life. I don't know about you, but I don't give a single solitary crap about perceived clout on some random website on the internet about a niche hobby. I do this for fun, and I enjoy debates and intelligent discussions on topics like this for fun. My worth and perceived ability is not tied up on something so trivial as 2 stroke powered bicycles. It's a hobby and nothing more.

Just like last time, I leave the invite open for you to have a discussion like an adult, and not resort to insults and name calling. I can tell that is an extremely difficult thing for you to do as you seem to be ruled by your emotions more than logic and reason, but I am ever willing to give somebody a chance to prove me wrong.

Hey, I will proudly ride this short bus if it means I get called special.

I figured this bus was more your speed...lol.

The-Partridge-Family.jpg

I'm special... :LOL:

Twice now, yet you never responded to the last discussion we had because you couldn't. I keenly noticed that you disappeared for a while... Now you are mad, and when your underhanded passive aggressive jab at me failed and I called you out for it, ad hominems abound, just like last time

Wait, I see a pattern here. You attack ME and not the information. Where is the evidence I asked for? Nowhere, what a surprise. I would love to see an example of a bike going wide open for as long as you claim. Keep in mind, I never said it was impossible, but highly unlikely. I also did mention that you oversimplified a complex thing, and I said that for a reason. One good example, wheel size and rear sprocket size both determine speed at a given RPM. Having a bike that can go 40-50mph it will have less issues cooling than a bike that goes 25-30, speeds that are far more realistic for a typical bog standard 66cc, which is the only type of engine I am talking about - more on that and the term out of the box later

Go ahead and shift those goal posts again too, just like last time. Show me where, at any point, I said anything about CCR numbers? Before or after? No? Why are you going on about something I never mentioned nor is applicable to anything I have talked about. Heat, and more specifically heat on a forced induction application, which I am not sure if you understand that turbo engines run pretty hot for a few reasons. Take barely adequate cooling capability and ramp up intake temps, exhaust resistance, and increased compression and combustion pressures.... it gets pretty darn toasty very quickly.

Since you seem to be relatively intelligent and seem so upset over ccr numbers even though I never once talked about them, what happens when you introduce compressed atmosphere and compress it again? Your 10psi of crankcase pressure is in relation to static atmosphere. In the world of forced induction, something I am extremely experienced with, we operate with pressure ratios for a reason. I will see if you can put together WHY I brought those points up. ;) Hint: If you run 5psi of boost from a turbocharger into your crankcase and it compresses to a pressure ratio of 1.68, the absolute crankcase pressure at peak relative to regular atmosphere would be over 18psi. Ever seen one of these engines hold 18psi? How about 21.8? That's what you would get with just 2 more psi of boost pressure. Notice that it isn't linear, that's your clue. This covers the other big point I was trying to make, the crank seals being able to withstand that type of pressure reliably for a reasonable amount of time. Who knows, maybe they can, but I have my reasonable doubts. Since nobody has actually done a turbo on one of these engines, there isn't much evidence either way.

On to another point. You keep talking about stock engines yet saying the word "build" Just want to clarify that these supposed high RPM engines were untouched out of the box in any way? No tweaking, modding, port work of any kind, removal of gaskets. Just stock induction, pistons, rings, gaskets, and cylinders. Out of the Box means exactly that. This is for clarification purposes, because what you say seems contradictory. Does your "BOX STOCK" 53mph engine have a standard carburetor like the one they come with?

P.S. My name is not "Dude." If you are incapable of being respectful, civil, and calm then I will simply leave it at this point again. I have not once disrespected you and I would ask the same in return. Insult me one more time and I will just block you and move on with my life. I don't know about you, but I don't give a single solitary crap about perceived clout on some random website on the internet about a niche hobby. I do this for fun, and I enjoy debates and intelligent discussions on topics like this for fun. My worth and perceived ability is not tied up on something so trivial as 2 stroke powered bicycles. It's a hobby and nothing more.

Just like last time, I leave the invite open for you to have a discussion like an adult, and not resort to insults and name calling. I can tell that is an extremely difficult thing for you to do as you seem to be ruled by your emotions more than logic and reason, but I am ever willing to give somebody a chance to prove me wrong.
As I said I did not reply to you directly I just used your ridiculous statement, so how is that attacking you?
You said, The bottom end of these engines wouldn't be able to handle more than a few PSI of crankcase pressure, and even then I suspect the crank seals or middle case seal would just blow out on the power stroke.
Well No not correct, since the pre is 5-6 psi and compressed would only be 10+ they would handle it fine hence knowing the ccr first before making assumptions!
You stated that you can't run for 15 minutes @ 7k rpm and 30 mph without over heating in 90f temps and again not true,we do it all the time! Stock customer builds means I build the whole bike and do the setup and many start out being box stock! The board tracker video has a box stock gt5 with all the stock parts, no porting or crank work, no aftermarket anything!
I don't need to prove anything I did that 8 years ago when I shared my setup with all those whom wanted to learn what it took and have helped many achieve there goals since then!
Now if you had read the thread you would have seen where I said without an ecm and lc setup shown previously this makes no sense not that it can't be done because it HAS!

And thus ends another thread, as we can all agree that some will argue to the death their different opposing viewpoints and never the twain shall meet...This thread is now locked from further replies to avoid anymore gasoline being dumped on the fire...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back