Motorbike Idle/clutch question

Thanks. Is ethanol free really necesarry? (will I wreck my engine) In the future I should use high octane right ??
Ethanol-free is recommended in all 2 strokes as the crank seals and carby's suffer for it because of the ethanol reaction to certain materials in these motors.

Don't worry about high octane as we do not have high enough compression ratios to even have any need for high octane...These things will even run on 85 and 86 octane gas quite beautifully.

The gap was smaller than .030 but bigger than .025

Fine?

Well I tested it again. Nothing has changed...I still havent got the different spark plug and air filter, and I'm wondering if I should drain all the ethanolified gas out of it.....?

Well I tested it again. Nothing has changed...I still havent got the different spark plug and air filter, and I'm wondering if I should drain all the ethanolified gas out of it.....?
Drain that "sludge" out of it and mix some fresh stuff like i had mentioned in previous posts...Also make sure that when you start it with the choke on, that you push the choke lever down after a minute or so while your revving it a few times...You don't want to forget to shut off the choke while running it...Many folks here have actually done this in the past and wondered why it wouldn't run right.

Oh I think the aluminium gasket might be kind of bent. that would do it, right? the one at the top end of the engine.

Back