MotorBike physics and Life hacks..

Sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. You are just adding to the garbage that is the internet with posts like this. Why don’t you get a degree in physics first before posting. Maybe then you won’t have to start a thread about a 50mph pusher trailer.
Bull s**t man. What other stuff than is important than diameter. Also it will get 50mph at least. What is pressure ? Force/area. How are bolt fails measured in pressure PSI!!! It’s area kid that counts, which is related to diameter!!! Look dumbass before u stop bitching about me, do your homework. All Steel fails at 30,000psi. Like welding rods which are special steel 6011, 7018, means fail at 60,000 psi and 70,000 psi. Ok so u know how bolts are tested. A hydraulic thing that stretches them apart. Ok that thing puts a pull force on the bolt measured in Newton’s. So how do u get the bolt to withstand the more Newton’s, increase the area. U could argue noise like bolt length which creates torque. Well if u have a beam that needs a 3” bolt to a gausset, are u going to use a 2” one and hope it doesn’t fall out????

Last edited:
😂 lol. I really wish I had the same mentality. Unique/unfortunate circumstances made me an outsider to this. Ie for one I don’t go 2 my home skool with like 2000 kids which I’ve known since like 1st grade. I go to this small smart kids magnet skool with only like 70kids in the grade that is defiantly less open and fun. Some of the kids OCD about skool and are boring. A select few of them r wannabe mean/tough ppl b/c they probably feel helpless? If they try to boss me around I just laugh. The other group that do stuff is closed off to most kids of outsider status for various reasons. I am of outsider status even though I try not too...The other group just play video games. When I was a kid like 8, I won an x box in a raffle but my parents took it. I bought in to the propoganda about video games being bad, and I don’t really regret much as I am now 2 busy with welding and what not, but just shows some of the lack of freedom imposed. Hell my mom doesn’t even like me building stuff, thinks it’s a distraction. But I still do it during the day when she is out of the house. I garuntee if I didn’t build stuff as my hobby, I would have became one of those suicidal mental cases. I knew a kid in middle skool who never talked....Overall makes me pretty dam sad. Luckily I hack the system by copying hw during class and by finding out tests so I don’t have to do much work. I wouldn’t be able 2 handle the work crap they give us and the lack of friends simultaneously. Unfortunately never really interacted much in middle skool, so don’t really have those existing connections. The only reason I know most of this math stuff is b/c one thing going 4 me is whenever I see a big building like an airport or bridge I want to know why the architect and engineers made these choices. Like when I was 10, I would stare at the giant gausset plates in the big airports and wonder about the truss structures and what not. I kinda feel like I wasted a chunk of time at this new skool, Better luck next time... the only thing going 4 me is I have a few really good ideas for small biz/entrepreneurship Which would if I want allow me to retire really young like at 30 something. Overall though I feel like this was inevitable and somehow necessary in a crazy way 4 me to be what I’m supposed to be, whatever that is. At least it helps me sleep at night....
I like you even if you are smarter than me, dammit. Adversity is one hell of a motivator. Most of us (myself highly included) don't often think of how well we have it. I'll bet you wind up kicking ass in life.

I
I like you even if you are smarter than me, dammit. Adversity is one hell of a motivator. Most of us (myself highly included) don't often think of how well we have it. I'll bet you wind up kicking ass in life.
I like to think of life as a box of chocolates. U never know what your going to get. But in the end, it doesn’t really matter because in the end both the Kings (better box of chocolates) and pawns go back in the box... U r going to kick ass too.

Bull sh*t man. What other stuff than is important than diameter. Also it will get 50mph at least. What is pressure ? Force/area. How are bolt fails measured in pressure PSI!!! It’s area kid that counts, which is related to diameter!!! Look dumbass before u stop bitching about me, do your homework. All Steel fails at 30,000psi. Like welding rods which are special steel 6011, 7018, means fail at 60,000 psi and 70,000 psi. Ok so u know how bolts are tested. A hydraulic thing that stretches them apart. Ok that thing puts a pull force on the bolt measured in Newton’s. So how do u get the bolt to withstand the more Newton’s, increase the area. U could argue noise like bolt length which creates torque. Well if u have a beam that needs a 3” bolt to a gausset, are u going to use a 2” one and hope it doesn’t fall out????

So you think the finest thread bolt will be the strongest? That is wrong.

Ah let’s see, you are 16 and you just learned the difference in minor diameters of coarse and fine threaded bolts, and you think you are smart.

I’m more than double your age, I have machined most standard thread sizes and many non standard ones and have had plenty of hands on experience with mechanical fasteners. I’m still learning every day and think I need to keep learning to be smart. Who’s the dumb guy here?

So you think the finest thread bolt will be the strongest? That is wrong.

Ah let’s see, you are 16 and you just learned the difference in minor diameters of coarse and fine threaded bolts, and you think you are smart.

I’m more than double your age, I have machined most standard bolt sizes and many non standard ones and have had plenty of hands on experience with mechanical fasteners. I’m still learning every day and think I need to keep learning to be smart. Who’s the dumb guy here?
No ave proved the finer thread bolt is stronger and if u look at any chart, it will show it of having a higher yield strength. Go google it even, the first result says “a finer is stronger than a course....” Sure it can strip out if u install it at an angle. But it’s stronger generally. Me I don’t learn this s**t in skool, I learn it by not paying attention in certain stupid useless classes and googling this s**t instead. I don’t really care what u think. It’s kinda funny. I am just informing ppl and u have the choice/freedom to believe in whatever the hell u want.

A real intelligent individual no matter what the cost will go out of his way to learn atleast 1 new thing no matter how great or miniscule i know it bugs me if i dont successfully accomplish something new everday to much out there not to

A real intelligent individual no matter what the cost will go out of his way to learn atleast 1 new thing no matter how great or miniscule i know it bugs me if i dont successfully accomplish something new everday to much out there not to
Tony1: the site that literally sells bolts. So r u saying this is wrong huh??

Attachments

• 077CA48E-FF3D-41F8-AFE9-33B574EBC322.png
    077CA48E-FF3D-41F8-AFE9-33B574EBC322.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 191
No ave proved the finer thread bolt is stronger and if u look at any chart, it will show it of having a higher yield strength. Go google it even, the first result says “a finer is stronger than a course....” Sure it can strip out if u install it at an angle. But it’s stronger generally. Me I don’t learn this sh*t in skool, I learn it by not paying attention in certain stupid useless classes and googling this sh*t instead.
Ave if you mean YouTube channel is a great channel for Machinist f***ery. For motorbike uses shoulder bolts with coarse and fine threads are preferred. Coarse threads have much higher stripping/damage strength than fine threads, and you can fix them easily with a thread file, and even find them almost anywhere. How many rear axles do you have where the 24+tpi threads are totally messed up making it difficult to adjust.

The strongest minor diameter is the major diameter which is a shoulder, the strongest thread is the coarse. The difference is finding the balance for each individual use of bolts on your bike.

When I was a kid like 8, I won an x box in a raffle but my parents took it. I bought in to the propoganda about video games being bad, and I don’t really regret much as I am now 2 busy with welding and what not, but just shows some of the lack of freedom imposed.
My dad (Vietnam vet) died when I was 8. My mom didn't try ANYTHING to stop me from being on the computer very well I had to spend 8 hours a day because I didn't know what else to do (still don't besides work). Don't even talk about women just a letdown. Me, a stereotypical niceguy or something and every time someone brushed me off or didn't notice I liked them I would get super upset and I couldn't help it. Well that happened several times. I never left someone in the dirt after using them and I can't stand those people. You'll hear the stories from girls and it seems to affect them. No one taught me how to act around them and I couldn't talk right I always had butterflies in my stomach and just couldn't talk. That's my high school years summed up. Its easier for me to talk to older people or older women because they seem wiser but totally different than these disrespectful girls. I'll just say bike yes you got burnt and yes your parents are a drag and they seem kinda stuck-up (no offense). You need to stand up for yourself I think you're 16 right? 2 years and you can do what you want. I don't know what area you live in but alot of richer communities try to pass the torch that way.

Ave if you mean YouTube channel is a great channel for Machinist f***ery. For motorbike uses shoulder bolts with coarse and fine threads are preferred. Coarse threads have much higher stripping/damage strength than fine threads, and you can fix them easily with a thread file, and even find them almost anywhere. How many rear axles do you have where the 24+tpi threads are totally messed up making it difficult to adjust.

The strongest minor diameter is the major diameter which is a shoulder, the strongest thread is the coarse. The difference is finding the balance for each individual use of bolts on your bike.
Lol tony. Before u stop bitching get your facts right next time huh??? Strength refers to shear and tension. Not about stripping or shoulder bolts. Or if today is Tuesday and the 3rd day of the month and the sun is just 10” off the sky... the strength of a bolt is reduced... Looks like u are retreating by finding some weird exception in the weeds. Now if I asked about stripping and shoulder bolts....I’ll forgive u this time...

Back