Motorcycle/Scooter like seat.

JuraTyKokotko

Local time
4:34 PM
I want to make long seat instead of this normal bike seat. But i need the box, i have all my electric stuff and some tools in there. There could be hinge? So the seat would open up and i could open the box take something and close it. I need some ideas from you guys.

I attached my very professional sketc.

Attachments

• bike (2).jpg
    bike (2).jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 80
  • bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 76
Banana seat, just let the rear rest on the box. Seat is already hinged, just need to loosen the nut that tightens it to the seat post and tilt up.

Banana seat, just let the rear rest on the box. Seat is already hinged, just need to loosen the nut that tightens it to the seat post and tilt up.
I don't think the existing rear carrier twin supports attaching to the bottom rear drop downs would support an adults weight without bowing out and breaking...Magnify those pics and you will see what I am talking about.

Only one screw holds it down on each side with the twin supports having only a tack weld holding both of those little flimsy struts together just above where the one screw holds it to the drop outs.

Good point.. A person can only sit so far back and still reach the pedals unless you're Shaq.

I don't think the existing rear carrier twin supports attaching to the bottom rear drop downs would support an adults weight without bowing out and breaking...Magnify those pics and you will see what I am talking about.

Only one screw holds it down on each side with the twin supports having only a tack weld holding both of those little flimsy struts together just above where the one screw holds it to the drop outs.
If i will go forward with this, i would make supports for the carrier.

Puch has a lineup of long moped/scooter seats that fit bicycles

puch-black-buddy-seat-2.jpg

they even sell this to make your own seat might be good to make your hinge seat

MLM-MAXI-cafe-seat-ROUND-597-2T.jpg

can find it on treatland

Back