Motored

does that rule out air leak?

Helps. Is the problem at idle or do you need choke even at wide open throttle when the motor is warm? Choke full on kills it even if you are giving it gas? or kills it at idle? Does it stumble and then catch up after a second or just die off? Has it always been this way? Run the same mix as your other bike? If you still have your first bike, and you switch carbs, does the problem follow the carb?

Edit: Have you looked at you sparkplug? Is it black and wet/oily? Gapped correctly?

You could try riching up the mixture by moving the c-clip further down on the needle. Most of them seem to come from the factory on the 2nd slot, some people run better on the 3rd slot. I don't know anyone who runs better on the bottom slot but you could try it.

I think that there have been a couple of threads with similar problems. I'll try a search.

Last edited by a moderator:
A question for the real carb gurus: If lean's float level were too low, would having the choke on improve the flow through the jet, vacuum it up, so to speak, or is fuel flow through the jet a function of the velocity/volume of the airflow? (the venturi effect?)

Cheers mickey, Problem solved, plummers tape at intake pipe near carby also on thread where throttle attatches to carby. few dodgy finishes on these chinese motors, pay for what you get! problem solving part of the fun, thanks again.
lean.

Back