MotoredBike carrier

R

recumbentbill

Sometimes I like to take my Motoredbike with me when I visit out of state places. Here is how I take my motoredbike along with me.
The carrier is a Hollywood 2" hitch mount reciever that i bought from WWW.Nashbar.com. Great place to by bike stuff from. My Hollywood carrier was on sale for around 80 bucks. In the attached pics you will see that I slightly modified the carrier. Originally the carrier was to carry two bikes[mtb or road bikes] with the frontwheels off the bike and the forks locked in place via the fork locks. Did not like the idea of removing the front wheel on my motoredbike so I did away with the fork locks and used both rear wheel channels for both of my wheels. The channels and ratching straps are pretty tough. I used some scarp metal to make a verticle support for bike frame support and attachment

Attachments

• bike carrier 001.jpg
    bike carrier 001.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 256
  • bike carrier 002.jpg
    bike carrier 002.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 224
  • bike carrier 003.jpg
    bike carrier 003.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 227
Sometimes I like to take my Motoredbike with me when I visit out of state places. Here is how I take my motoredbike along with me.
The carrier is a Hollywood 2" hitch mount reciever that i bought from WWW.Nashbar.com. Great place to by bike stuff from. My Hollywood carrier was on sale for around 80 bucks. In the attached pics you will see that I slightly modified the carrier. Originally the carrier was to carry two bikes[mtb or road bikes] with the frontwheels off the bike and the forks locked in place via the fork locks. Did not like the idea of removing the front wheel on my motoredbike so I did away with the fork locks and used both rear wheel channels for both of my wheels. The channels and ratching straps are pretty tough. I used some scarp metal to make a verticle support for bike frame support and attachment

Nice looking carrier Bill. You got it for a good price too. I don't know a lot about carriers so I can't comment a lot but I like the way that it looks. It looks real stable and heavy duty. Just what you need to carry the mbs on. Great pics. Did it take too much work to modify it so you didn't have to take the front wheel off?

Last edited:
Nice looking carrier Bill. Great pics. Did it take too much work to modify it so you didn't have to take the front wheel off?

No! just a matter of switching the componets around and tightening the bolts and set screws

No! just a matter of switching the componets around and tightening the bolts and set screws

cool... you have a nice looking carrier there. Wish I had one that nice. I'm saving my pennies up for my bike stuff and I will have to include a carrier in there someday :D

I bet the people behind you all tailgate to get a better look at the "weird" bike on your carrier.

strange looks

Yep!! I do notice strange looks when I have my motored bike on the carrier. Some people will come up from behind me on the highway and tailgate for awhile. Then as they pass I get a thumbs up:)

I've got your average trunk mount carrier and the frame mount motor covers my license plate. Oops!!

I was always thinking of robbing a bank by car, then escaping on motored-bike. Best part would be tossing it over a fence then zipping down, oh, a midsize drain culvert to freedom. :)

Back