Motoredbiking and the price of gas

Riding a MB is not possible in Below zero weather as seen here in the Dakota's in the winter. $10 a gallon gas....come on....we don't want that. We still need to be realistic. I think you been drinkin' Big.

True. 10 dollar a gallon will mean the start of THE ANARCHY YEA!!!
I was just thinking like how Americans live on the pizza and the all you can eat buffets and the McDonalds so basically and this includes Europe lately,a majority of us are pretty overweight.
It would be so nice if we didn't have to see seriously high gas pumps...they say 4 dollars by summer oh noes...so people can start burning down their food reserves and maybe get a bit healthy and breathe clean air,but yea. It's just a nice dream.
I mean I really should be excersizing with my non motorized Schwinn,which has collected some serious dust lately,but even my motoredbike I get more excersize than in a car.
Moop really has saved my life,man.
Oh and riding below zero IS possible. Actually,it's a life altering THRILL!

For the last 3 years I have been working on an "on board hydrogen fuel cell" that runs on water and a pinch of potassium hydroxide. (NO GAS!) I've perfected it to fuel my Honda GXH50 49.3cc 2.10 hp engine. On water! no gas.

My dream for years has been to perfect a fuel cell that could power a single cylinder 49cc without carrying a fuel tank, but only a small water fuel cell, and a lawnmower battery, that starts producing "hydrogen on demand" and install it on my bike. I cannot get into the exact details of my design, but I will give you a few links to stimulate your minds on what I am doing. Im guessing i'm still a good 1 1/2 years away from from incorporating this into my bike design. (fueling with hydrogen vapor gas). This technique can revolutionize the future of the motorbiking world. MAKE SURE you watch "all the way throught" the second video. graucho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERqatShT3IU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMj14tPiIww

Last edited:
All great ideas, very exciting. Maybe I'll live long enough to see them become commonplace, in the meantime I guess it's Exxon. The current spike in crude oil prices, I believe, is being helped by our own Congress pandering to green freaks, all over a lie. The current infrastructure requires oil, by the way a natural product of Mother Earth, we have enough oil for decades of economic growth, which will allow us to develop alliterative fuel sources. Wake up people, we're being tricked, lied to and cheated and the solution is to shut down the Capitol Hill switchboard again. This year, as every two years, we elect the entire House of Representatives and 1/3 of the Senate. Call, email or write them and tell them you want to replace their a$$ because they are $crewing us. Just watch their reaction when we talk about firing them.

We could do nothing and in return we will get nothing.

The best thing we can do to fight the petroleum war is to abandon our cars to use only in emergencies so were not filling it up every 2 weeks and use alternate forms of transportation to get to work. Most Americans don't see it our way and will cry about everything being so expensive but they don't see what we see.
It's simple economics. The more gas we need the higher they will charge and the richer they will get. But if somehow every American buys a motoredbike or even a scooter or a low displacement motorcycle and gas consumption will go way down then the oil pumps don't work as hard,there will be more gas available and in turn gas will go down in price. But people don't understand this.
People are still out there driving 4 ton SUV's. They feel they can afford it and it's a status thing to show off to the neighbors cause it's all about the neighbors but they really don't see what HARM they are doing to our economy by feeding into the petroleum companies greed.
I simply cannot understand the way people think sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Said LP

LP, Well Said, Your starting to sound like the guys up at Rocky Mountain Institute who are pushing 100MPG designs for cars. I saw a guy on Discovery channel that squeezes between 80 and 100 mpg out of an old Honda or something like that. I am a conservative but your quest to get folks to burn less gas to get from point a to B is admirable. Besides if we do we can spend the money on something else besides gasoline.

Somebody told me that joke today about Dating a Fat Girl is like riding a moped. Both are really fun but you don't want anybody to see you doing either,so you have some stubborn habits to reprogram in people.

Good Luck

Everyone seems to be forgetting that oil is a completely fungible resource. Simply put, if we don't use it, China or India will. That isn't to say I'm against conservation and possibly teaching the oil companies a lesson. :)

Large Filipino,
Great ideas, except the won't work for the majority of Americans. If you don't have a 60 mile round trip commute, a MB seems like a wonderful way to go. Trouble is, many people do have long commutes and kids to move around.
If you want to live in Europe, move there, you may find true happiness, me, I'm an American and I like the country just the way it is. I have two MB's, a truck (for business), a car, a boat and two lawn mowers. None are worth a plug nickel without gas.

Yea I used to be in the rat race till almost a year ago when my job suddenly became my home. Every morning I would turn on the news to check the weather so I know how to dress my client before he sets off to day program and when I check the traffic and see all them cars crawling on the highway I see so crystal clearly the importance of a cager.
Yes. That was me out there fighting traffic 5 days a week. But now that I left the rat race,I ponder things and I look at the whole picture and see that nothing in America will change. Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with this on the whole. This is AMERICA @#$% YEA! But imagine if we all started thinking like Europe with their bicycle to car ratio favoring the bicycle. Imagine how empty the highways would become. Imagine the new improved bike paths found all over the United states even bike paths that go along side the highway imagine how cool that would be.
Remember that these are the words of a person that left the Rat Race. The ones still in it I totally understand.

Back