Motorised Childrens Tricycle

bradenkerr

Local time
5:53 AM
alright, so im new to this whole motorized bike thing BUT i found a small child's tricycle at my park. While we were riding along, we started joking about having a motor on it and how funny it would be. Pretty soon the joke turned into an actual idea, so does anyone have any tips/ideas for this beast?
thanks

Below are some pictures.

The Trike:
149p3px.jpg

Size:
10zsls2.jpg

I'd suggest you make up a one page flyer with a description of the trike on it, and post it at that parks entrances, offering to return some little kids treasured toy if the caller can give a bit of info confirming it is theirs.

I had my trike stolen when I was 4 years old - I'm 53 now - and it still makes me angry to remember it. I loved that thing.

Two words...grow up.

Please try to return the kid's toy. Then come back with an ordinary bicycle or man-sized three-wheeler.

I agree with the guys .... Try to find the trike's owner.

I am sure you can find a more suitable trike to seriously motorize.
We will be here for you, when you do!! :D

Two words...grow up.
Don't grow up too fast... Enjoy your youth!!

:D

We found it at the park on its side, after it had been there overnight...
+ it was broken, and the paint was sketchy as...
Also, council cleanup is on, where people just put all **** out the front and it gets picked up by a truck, so most likely someones rode it for a bit and then dumped it.
+ why are people so angry on this forum...

My 2 cents,

I would go with a small electric motor, friction drive on one or both of the rear wheels. I would stick with no more the a 10mph goal. Go to www.invacare.com and do a search for the ATM. Click on the "gearless traction". It will give you a idea of how to mont the motor.

Kid's Trike

Braden...nobody on this forum is normally 'angry.' We are not mean people; but, what you proposed was just plain thoughtless. I agree with all the guys that you should try and find the trike's owner. Failing that, I have never seen a trike quite like that one. I would have it looked at by an antique or artifacts dealer...it may be that someone threw out "that old trike that's molding in the attic" but is really worth $$$...who knows?

Back