Motorising a ladies frame???

Now that is a good looking bike. You gave me an incentive to find one for the misses. I went to a Catholic school and was taught by the Nun's there, I wish I had one that was a cool as you. I have to tell you a story. I was in the 7th grade and we had a Science fair, I decided to take my go Cart and use the engine to explain the workings of the internal combustion engine. With the head off I was rotating the engine over an showing the position of the valves and the movement of the piston. I then had this wonderful idea that I could show how the coil being passed by the magnet made current by having the class all hold hands and one holding the plug wire and the other touching the engine, Oh! I included Sister Helen Louise, bless her heart. I thought that It would diminish the affect of the current having so many people in the line, so I really gave it all the wally I had, and let her go. Well you should have been there, and I didn't get a bad grade ether. I wonder if I can still get into Heaven! LOL She later asked where I learned all that stuff, I told her that it was in our science book, I don't think she thought I was ever listening. I wish I could go back to that time I sure had fun. I have recently taken a large responsibility in a clergy leadership, So I too will be busy. Bless you for your dedication. Have fun, Dave

nunapplause.gif
Oh my, - what a wonderful story Dave. I hope poor Sister Helen Louise wasn't too badly shocked, - though it does sound like she was a good sport and recognised your talent.
Bless you too Dave, - I'll keep you in my prayers. All the very best for Advent and the Christmas season; - and make sure you post pictures of your Mixte conversion when you have it done.

I can tell you why Lord Nuffield hated the Morris Minor - it wasnt so much the car as he hated the guts of the guy who designed it because they had a fundamental difference of opinion. Nuffield thought that the public would buy something because he built it.... ie however naff it was *cough* allegro, landcrab, maestro *cough*, people would buy it. Issigonis on the other hand was of the opinion that to win in business you had to innovate... hence the FWD and other advances of the Minor series cars. It says something that the Minor was available until 1971! I understand they are alot more fun when you put the Fiat Twin-Cam motor in them... or the Buick/Rover V8's.

I dont even want to imagine what the UK politzei would make of a villiers powered nun doing 30mph down the inside.. I would pay money to be a fly on the wall :eek:

That said I am probably going to emigrate from the UK permanantly - I've given up all hope of getting anywhere in the UK - and I've an offer on NZ of all places... although I dont know quite what emigrating out there would involve *sigh*

Nice to hear from you again sianelle :)

Jemma xx

Egor,

I did something a little similar... was at some open day and they had some of us trouble shooting mini engines... as in the 1100cc A-series.

Im not that good with electrics and I managed to get something out of alignment a little so it wouldnt start... so I kept plugging at it, using the usual method of wiggle the hand throttle and hope... and then it fired alright... shot out a 5ft flame out of the exhaust and took the eyebrows off about 3 people... funnily enough I didnt do much more that day :oops:

Jemma xx

Cool bananas! :flowers: Now that seriously does look like what I've got mocked up in the garage at the moment.

The one really tricky bit btw is getting the carby to fit sweetly between the paired frame tubes. I think I'm going to have a slightly challenging time with the frame I'm using. :whistle:

You could use a long intake manifold runner and have the carb above and forward the dual frame-tubes.

I seem to remember somewhere that inverting a tuned pipe would give you a tuned induction runner... the complicated part is whether you'd need to time the engine if you were using a tuned intake and a tuned exhaust.

Is your Villiers a piston ported or a schneurle port design?

Jemma xx

Back