Motorized bicycle attempted "highway robbery"

T

twinkiex

A couple weeks ago in Tucson a man attempted to steal my Spooky Tooth Querve bike with me on it. I was at Alvernon and Speeday at 10:14 at night and he came up and pushed me and my bike down. I wrapped my arms and legs around it and screamed as loud as I could. he proceeded to kick me and try to push me off. I punched back hard as I could. A whole family came up to help, an ex marine who had a firearm, his cousin, father and a 12 year old. The family chased after the dude, 5'9, blond hair, blue eyes, 150 lbs, he had on a dark blue Fila V neck nylon shirt with white trim and the number "05". He had on a black sailor style hat. He was maybe 21-28 years old. Looked like a meth-head.
Cops were called. The family chased the guy but couldnt catch him. I know the guy lives in the Speedway and 2nd St area, but the police said they will not persue it because he didnt get my bike. The cop forgot to put on the accident report that he assaulted me and I went to the local police office and they refused to add it to the report. I also got a possible name of the man but the police say they are understaffed and can only go after crimes they are sure of. :eek:
Needless to say this has been upsetting.
I am a small female but I can protect myself.
Maybe I should carry pepperspray?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a terrible thing to have happen, glad to hear that you're okay, and that you still have your bike!
In addition to pepper spray, get a big Brock Samson knife and keep it in your boot.
Perhaps a taser?
Motor assisted face punch? idk.
Safe riding, and i hope your assailant gets whats coming to him.
(May the next bike he steals fall apart under him, downhill, at a good clip)

I an sorry to hear that you were assaulted!
I to am glad that you were able to ride away from it.
Mace might be a good idea, especially if you frequent that same area.
If you have the time to dedicate yourself to it, a self defense class or martial arts class can help even the odds in your favor too.

Sorry to hear that but glad all is well. I'd go file a separate assault report (I'm sure you have the names of your angles). If they refuse I'd call the DA. pi** on them, it's NOT there job to decide what report they will or will not file. Myself...I wouldn't just let it drop. This time he didn't cause great damage, never know what will happen next time...and it will, only a matter of time.
"To Protect and SERVE" is most of their motto's.

Check this out....
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=29050

Attachments

• protect.jpeg
    protect.jpeg
    10.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
wow... you get ASSAULTED, and they don't care because the guy didn't actually steal anything from you. that's a BIG PILE OF POO! I'm glad for you that there were people around that came to your aide.

Pepper spray sounds like a great start... see if you can find pepper FOAM-- if your attacker is coked out or methed out, something like pepper spray won't slow them down as much as when used on someone who is sober. The foam will help physically blind them, not just hurt their eyes.

Send a letter to the editor of the locale newspaper. Contact locale TV stations with your story. That will get results.

Terry

Glad you are ok.Those Meth heads in AZ are freekin crazy(there everywhere).You need a stun gun.... get him in the frank and beans.... he will go down for sure!!

Back