Motorized Bicycle Laws: United States

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
I thought that all country's allow you to ride a motorized bicycle without a license

You thought wrong then...lol...Most of Europe bans them unless they are factory made, not home made, and most European countries require a license...DAMIEN
I live in South Africa and am new to motorized bicycles.

Hi Anton,

Your talking to a guy too stupid to use a smart phone, yet i was able to figure out how to turn it into a stupid phone by turning everything off or uninstalling stuff until all that is left is just the phone...And it still works and thats all i want it for...lol...all my friends are stunned i did it.

Here is one ive got for the wiki for New Mexico, but im a little dense as to exactly how to enter info that is here...I post the link for your your consideration to see if its post-able info...i couldnt figure just how to enter this info that would make any real, factual sense since it disagrees with the official one posted, yet the State of New Mexico goes by Section D and Section E when referring to M/Bs...DAMIEN

In Particular...Section E covering Motorised bicycles, which the State calls just bicycles, then just refer to Section D for bicycle laws.

I've added in New Mexico based on your link. Almost every column gets a "No", except Bike Lane Allowed is a "Yes" because it looks like Motorized Bicycles are considered to be bicycles in New Mexico.

I've added in New Mexico based on your link. Almost every column gets a "No", except Bike Lane Allowed is a "Yes" because it looks like Motorized Bicycles are considered to be bicycles in New Mexico.
Thank-you very much Anton for doing this...i know that you put a lot of time and effort into the forums which most do not see, as your, "the man behind the curtain"...lol...i don't see many in the forums residing in NM but who knows, that might change since this state is much less restrictive than most other states...DAMIEN

gonna go take a peek at it now...lol.

Last edited:
I am still seeing this entry though from 2016, a year before the 2017 legislation revision...I think im missing something here...lol...im looking for the "boxes" section that you checked off "no"...Am i looking in the wrong spot, cant seem to find it...lol...DAMIEN

Last edited:
I am still seeing this entry though from 2016, a year before the 2017 legislation revision...I think im missing something here...lol...im looking for the "boxes" section that you checked off "no"...Am i looking in the wrong spot, cant seem to find it...lol...DAMIEN
Ah I see, I've updated the resource now! Thanks for that. It's hard to keep everything up to date when there are so many different laws and they are always changing. That's one of the reasons I tried out this WikiPost plugin, so that anyone can update their states laws whenever they notice something is not right!

How are the laws down under? Are they getting friendlier? With he green movement you'd think motoredbikes would be encouraged. What harm can a 30mph bicycle do as to needing a DL, reg, ins?

Back