motorized bicycles and interlock

Gabby

Local time
4:40 AM
The state of New Mexico requires a class D driver's license to ride a motorized bicycle I have had a DWI I've met all the requirements to get my license except for I cannot have an interlock installed on my bicycle therefore they say I can not have a driver's license or I cannot ride my bicycle this is the only means of transportation I have I have a car I can get it done but I don't is there anything that can be done

From my knowledge interlocks can only be used on cars. No MAB's or m/c's, all electric cars.

The snake of New Mexico requires a class D driver's license to ride a motorized bicycle I have had a DWI I've met all the requirements to get my license except for I cannot have an interlock installed on my bicycle therefore they say I can not have a driver's license or I cannot ride my bicycle this is the only means of transportation I have I have a car I can get it done but I don't is there anything that can be done
From what I know as soon as you start your DWI classes. To meet your obligation to the courts. You should be able to get your restricted License. That allows you to drive to your DWI classes, go to work and shop for food on your way home from work. If your caught driving somewhere else it better be an AA meeting or you'll be in violation.

From what I know as soon as you start your DWI classes. To meet your obligation to the courts. You should be able to get your restricted License. That allows you to drive to your DWI classes, go to work and shop for food on your way home from work. If your caught driving somewhere else it better be an AA meeting or you'll be in violation.
I am going to have to sue the state for discriminateing against me and all other motorized bicycle riders that pick up a DUI it's not my fault that a interlock can not be put on the bicycle ill bet the people who made the interlock rules didn't think of the motorized bicycle
Maybe the media would work with me
I named my bicycle Outlaw
20200429_154236~2.jpg

The DUI laws are different in every state. I guess N.M. don't consider a M/B a motor vehicle. Interlocks have been hooked up to Motorcycles and Scooters. The Interlock Device needs to be hooked up to a 12v battery.
You can try to claim an economic hardship cause ya can't use your only form of transportation.
To have an Interlock device installed on your M/B would require a special modification by the Interlock provider.

you have an interlock provision for any motor vehicle. Ebikes and escooters like the razor scooters are not classed as motor vehicles. Technically you can build an electric minibike that you must never get caught doing more than 25mph on or something like that. Maybe 20mph. And still be able to ride it. I’m not sure if that law changed with the new ebike laws in my state. But I see one old Chinese guy on an electric 25mph scooter sometimes and doubt he gets pulled over often. Hell I think I’m gonna build one... here’s one I thought was cool and probably tops out around 70

Attachments

• 05B39645-E3B3-4146-A47E-1A8060D4BBF1.jpeg
    05B39645-E3B3-4146-A47E-1A8060D4BBF1.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 278
With an interlock you're required to occasionally test while driving. How are you going to do that when both hands are needed for operating the clutch/gas/brake? In a car no big deal, then there's the liability of the interlock provider if an accident happens. In CO m/c's cannot have an interlock installed with a required restricted DL. New model electric cars like a Tesla cannot be used with an interlock because tech hasn't caught up yet. There's no starter to disable on an electric or OBD2 diagnostics to monitor which new interlocks do to avoid tampering.

Back