Motorized Bicycles Laws and Registration California


Well-Known Member
Jun 24, 2016
So to clarify, I will need an M1 and registration of my bike to legally ride my motorized bike on the street in CA?
Or can i just register, and be done wit it.
You need both to be legal, but only need one to keep the police off you, they can't pull you over under the assumption that the rider does not have a license, they can pull you over for just not having a plate.

Put a plate on it and hope you don't break any traffic laws or end up in any accidents, or just get the m2 and plate and not worry at all.