Motorized bicycles

nlemire

Local time
1:55 PM
Hi there,

My name is Norm Lemire and I'm trying to a) find info the AZ statutes on whether riding them on the streets is legal and b) where I can find a dealer that sells and installs motors on either my present bicycle and a whole motored bike.

Welcome to the forum.
The other reference is Arizona House Bill 2796.
You are smart to check the laws first. I think that spookytooth.com has links to all AZ laws that relate to motor assisted bicycles.
Basically, in AZ, you can ride in the bike lane if your bike is 48cc or less, single speed (motor) and you ride 20 mph or less. License and tag are not required under the above conditions. You must be 16 years or older.
Read the references for other requirements like eye protection, lights for night time, etc.
Arizonas laws are very favorable toward motor assisted bikes and the weather allows us to ride all year in the Phoenix area.

dealers in AZ

Now, I'm looking for dealers/installers in phoenix area... Does anyone know of such? Norm

what type of kit are you thinking of
2 or 4 cycle
frame or rack-mount

also, what kind of bike are you thinking of motoring

there are all kinds in the valley of the sun :cool:

Thinking of something (either 2 or 4 cycle) but that is LEGAL...Not more that 50cc. Frame or rack mount???? explain? I have a Marin cr/mo (lighter than mountain bikes) Tell me about all the kinds of motorized bikes. I'm interested?? I only know of gas and electic-powered so far...I heard that EZ bikes are not too loud. I'm kind of impressed with EZ because they are kind of silent...WHat else should I know? Norm

Norm - You need to spend some time in the photo gallery. It will give you a basic understanding of frame mount, rack mounts, shift kits, etc. The gallery is the best place to start.
There are some local 2 stroke vendors on craigslist. Local vendors may or may not provide better service and support. Do your homework.

Back