Motorized Bicyclist Bust: Can this happen to YOU ?

I try to only ride on the right side of the white line when possible. Ridden past plenty of city police and sheriff's deputies, they don't even look twice at me. Might be the size of the town I am in. Not sure.
i used to do this but all the oncoming traffic didnt like it much...i just claimed to be from samoa! (they were the most recent country to change the side of the road the drove on)

ha ha.

nah, seriously. it was people like this that got the MB banned where i live. and what excuse do you have for riding one, when the main reason was "because i lost my license due to speeding/losing points/dui/etc"?

In AZ MB are supposed to be ridden in the bike lanes or to the far right. They cannot be ridden in traffic lanes. Max speed is 20 mph, but pedal bikes always have the right of way, so if you come up behind a pedal bike going 5 mph, your stuck. You can wait for a break in traffic and cross the line to pass, but you need to be very careful. If anything goes wrong, it is automatically your fault. And while the cops tolerate pedal bikes on sidewalks and even going the wrong way in bike lanes, that does not apply to motorized bikes. Run a red light or a stop sign on a pedal bike and you might get away with it, but not on a motorized bike if a cop sees you. Cops here hate motorized bikes, and look for any little reason to stop you. You don't need a license, and even if you lost your license for, say, to many speeding tickets, you can still ride a motorized bike. A DUI is the only exception. AZ has the toughest DUI laws in the country. And not just with the cops and courts. It's getting hard to get a job at McDonalds if you have a DUI on your record. Most employment applications now include DUIs along with felonies and sex crimes. A DUI can even destroy your credit.

Back