Crashes Motorized Bicyclist killed in Phoenix, AZ crash

P

papa

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...phoenix/pd:-bicyclist-killed-in-phoenix-crash

"Posted: 01/19/2011
By: Deborah Stocks

PHOENIX - Authorities say a bicyclist struck by a car was killed Tuesday night.

Phoenix police Sgt. Michael Long said the accident happened near 25th and Dunlap avenues when a vehicle hit a woman riding a motorized recumbent bicycle.

Long said the victim, a woman approximately 50 years old, died at the hospital.

Long said the vehicle struck the bicyclist as the driver made a right turn at 25th Avenue. He said the driver did stop and there were no signs of impairment.

The name of the victim was not released pending notification of relatives."

That's really scary. I commuted to work on my motor bike for a year in the Phoenix area. I hated having to ride in the dark but it was difficult to avoid that.

I lived in the Phoenix,AZ area for 7 years. That area would be a bad place to ride day or night.

Thankyou for reminding me of the realities of this hobby. It scares me, and I forgot how dangerous intersections are. I'm sorry for those who were close to or knew the victim.

I lived in Phoenix for a year when I went to trade school. My dad wanted to take me out to a celebration dinner after the graduation ceremony. I said no way. My truck was all ready packed and I had a full tank of gas. I could not wait to leave that God forsaken city. 10 minutes after the ceremony ended I was on the 10 south headed towards 8 east. I cannot stand the drivers in Phoenix, especially when you get near Sun City. Folks there just don't seem to look out for other drivers or riders. Everybody drives like they own the road.

I am sorry to hear of this tragedy and I hope that all involved will find peace and comfort soon.

Back