Motorized bike build

Not exactly, felt some jerkiness coming from the engine and it seems like my front wheel might need tightening, front wheel seemed to sway

It was kind of awkward braking and clutching with my left hand, I see the clutch has some sort of lock for different settings but I wasn’t able to get it down

Definitely going to not want to run it with only a front hand brake.

Look forward to when I can coast down this hill and ride up the 2 mile one
I didn’t see any marks on my tire from chain rubbing, though it might not be obvious to the untrained eye.

Will reexamine it tomorrow to see how my chain clearance is, and retighten things

Gas tank is a little lose, I've heard of duct taping it down, I will probably get some gorilla tape

Power will increase once the engine loosens up and gets broken in.

Follow breakin instructions and go easy at first. It’ll reward you with a better engine later.

Nothing like those first few rides. Fun!!

That lock on the clutch lever is to lock the clutch out for pushing or peddling with the engine off.

Not exactly, felt some jerkiness coming from the engine and it seems like my front wheel might need tightening, front wheel seemed to sway

It was kind of awkward braking and clutching with my left hand, I see the clutch has some sort of lock for different settings but I wasn’t able to get it down

Definitely going to not want to run it with only a front hand brake.

Look forward to when I can coast down this hill and ride up the 2 mile one
I didn’t see any marks on my tire from chain rubbing, though it might not be obvious to the untrained eye.

Will reexamine it tomorrow to see how my chain clearance is, and retighten things

Gas tank is a little lose, I've heard of duct taping it down, I will probably get some gorilla tape
With a lose bearing my bike felt almost like it was fishtailing in the rear (swaying from side to side). It was just a thought since you mentioned the wheel wouldn't always hit the frame

With a lose bearing my bike felt almost like it was fishtailing in the rear (swaying from side to side). It was just a thought since you mentioned the wheel wouldn't always hit the frame
Thanks!

Thanks all! I got the majority of the beast behind me, -- on to the next one, maintaining a clear mind and algebra 1.

Before and after-

Might need to work on my exhaust bend, I have a feeling it’s too low?

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpeg
    IMG_0300.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0269.jpeg
    IMG_0269.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 26
Before and after-

Might need to work on my exhaust bend, I have a feeling it’s too low?
You don't plan on hitting heavy bumps off-road do ya? I think it's fine for just riding. My exhaust on my Cranbrook is only a few inches from the ground and it doesn't bother me none

No, I'm' worried about bottoming out on speed bumps.

To answer my question on whether or not it would get me up the hill and all being 356lbs, well, I just did a segment of incline and it worked well once I got rolling a bit. -- I was actually able to pick up some speed

Been working on controlling the clutch a little better today -- retorqued my head bolts, they did get lose so I will continue to do this, as well as tightening up a few things like the motor mounts and and exhaust bolts.

- My brakes work a lot better using 2 fingers on the lever versus 1, I was able to stop much better and the front brake alone held up, though it will be stellar with a second hand brake.

Going to go slow down hill, if I have now hill on the other side, for now.

The thing is definitely more powerful than a 49cc stand up motor scooter.

A little worried about the smell of oil smelling up the community i'm in, not so much the noise
I think the key here is to not buzz back and forth so much

I'll likely be going with this gas can, it is 1.3 gallons
Going 40:1 "cradle to grave"

1.3/40 = .0325 gallons

so I'm thinking I need .0325 gallons of 2 stroke oil for my container, or 123 mL's
Help an old dude out here. How many ounces we talkin here per gallon? How did you figure out a gallon jug holds 1.3 gallons? I've never seen a 1.3 gallon designated fuel can in my life..............thought maybe that was a 4 litre can, that doesn't even work out.

How much is 1.3 gallons in liters?​

1.3 gallons equals4.921 liters

Help an old dude out here. How many ounces we talkin here per gallon? How did you figure out a gallon jug holds 1.3 gallons? I've never seen a 1.3 gallon designated fuel can in my life..............thought maybe that was a 4 litre can, that doesn't even work out.

How much is 1.3 gallons in liters?​

1.3 gallons equals4.921 liters
I lot of the plastic mower fuel jugs have the 1 gallon line drawn down far enough where you can probably squeeze 1.3 as registered at the pump.

If you fill it that much it doesn’t leave room to shake it up well for oil mix.

Back