Motorized Bike Bulls**t: Things your builds do that piss you off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same for me I love these motors but some times no matter what you are starting with rubbish to make gold out of some times its gold out the box

built properly, the listed problems are extremely rare

I couldn't disagree more these engines are not built well and do not keep working well over time. They require constant attention, however I do like and enjoy them and love to tinker it's just not fair to say that these problems are "extremely rare considering there is a never ending supply of posts about things not working right every day just on this forum.

I can say there are better build engine kit but honestly it's not by much. My last brand new kit and bike "now stolen" was very good but I bring that down do better bolts like 8.8 hardened steel socket cap bolts all over the engine from the start and newer better cranks. Simply put I like em but they are a massive pain in my ass and have been every time I have ever worked on them.

Same for me I love these motors but some times no matter what you are starting with rubbish to make gold out of some times its gold out the box

Yea sometimes you get lucky but I wish they where made to higher standards I would pay more for a better made engine. Hell maybe one day someone will make an entirely new engine from the ground up based on the same idea and it will be great.

Yes I know Motopeds exist but something on a more affordable level, you know just the engine that would be very cool.

Well I ride a pocket bike motor now I started with a stock one got 50kmh out of the box now I got a hp 49cc one and get 64kmh nice hot rod but not an everyday ride for a s**t motor it's made so nice comperd to the 66cc and shows 4 hp and 12000 rev no rough edges in side just all round better workmanship

I would be happy at 30 kmh if the motors got there like a rocket and can sit there all day is that to much to ask

Well I ride a pocket bike motor now I started with a stock one got 50kmh out of the box now I got a hp 49cc one and get 64kmh nice hot rod but not an everyday ride for a s**t motor it's made so nice comperd to the 66cc and shows 4 hp and 12000 rev no rough edges in side just all round better workmanship

I have a little pink manly retro style scooter 49CC got it used but with only 10 kilometers on the odometer basicly brand new and it is about a billion times better made for being a cheap chinese scooter. it gets around 50Kph at top speed but it also wages a lot more than my bike but my bike gets about 35 maybe 40 if you're lucky.

I've also got a little pit bike I need to fix up with a nice Lifan 140cc Oil cooled engine I hope to have it running sometime this summer. I spent a lot of time smoothing out my old top end with the bench grinder and the dreamal, even did a little porting work and smoothing down on the very rough valves had lots more low end power after that.

Still for the money it's the best thing since slice bread. I see plastic engines that lite up as a model for the same price. And so many people can't change a Tyer on there car you can learn so much that makes it worth it to me lefty loosey just basics

I would be happy at 30 kmh if the motors got there like a rocket and can sit there all day is that to much to ask

My build's always seem to get to 30 Kph fast but my recent "new engine has no starting power, it's a air leak I cannot fix. They forgot to machine the ridges the lock the gaskets in place and help stop leaks so it's just smooth on one side making it useless.

Typical chinese goods, there is always a fault with them. So I am at this very moment rebuilding my old engine with an RTV gasket which works very well I say much better than the normal crankcase gaskets, I also use RTV for the bottom of the topend and coat the head gasket in a layer on each side. After that time consuming process of waiting 24 hours or more if it to be set everything is great!

Still for the money it's the best thing since slice bread. I see plastic engines that lite up as a model for the same price. And so many people can't change a Tyer on there car you can learn so much that makes it worth it to me lefty loosey just basics

It's true for the money it's very good if you can get a kit for 120$ I think at gas bike/kings motor bikes not that I like gas bike but they offer the best prices for the same engines everyone else sells.

Cheaper than the kits here in canada and since I live next to the USA I can just go pick it up at the mailbox down in Seattle.

I've had lots of fun learning over the years about fixing thing but I always was a guy who likes fixing things, but thankfully I not have air tools to ease the time and pain of fixing things. Some of these parts will not even come off without air tools. Such ass the clutch nut, drive sprocket and magneto nut.

Last edited:
Yea sometimes you get lucky but I wish they where made to higher standards I would pay more for a better made engine. Hell maybe one day someone will make an entirely new engine from the ground up based on the same idea and it will be great.

Yes I know Motopeds exist but something on a more affordable level, you know just the engine that would be very cool.
there will be an electric start motor with pretty nice castings very soon. I hear bikeberry is going to be the first one selling it. price is going to be somewhere around $350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back