Motorized Bike Bulls**t: Things your builds do that piss you off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Loctite is completely useless in my opinion I've used it on every bolt in my engine and everywhere else and it does absolutely nothing it's like putting butter on Chinese butter bolts
The only problem I have is the constant a just of the head nuts. (175).ebry 40 miles. The blue tread lock don't do nothing

triple the price for moi, being on the other side of the world and all...

oui, is very nice looking... i hear myself asking such a cylinder, voulez vu coucec avec moi?

transfer matching seems to be the biggest hurdle. like oversized carbs on tiny intake manifolds, cant see the point in larger/more transfers if they get held up in that bottle neck at the case/cylinder join.

nothing a bit of welding couldnt fix ;) even them "technoweld" alloy soldering rods(99% zinc!) would work in such a non-stressed area.

I don't have any experience at aluminum welding, YET, but have spare cases and the 40mm/50cc cylinder is cheap.
If I could get it to work, i'd invest in a 47mm cylinder.

The stock intake/reed/carb is available as well. Single side reed.

Steve

Last edited:
There's a post right now with pics about a 70cc electric start bike motor kit

Changing my carbs 3DIFFERENT CARBYS & ITS THE intake with an airleak. The smallest oversight, I was making adjustments to them, idle screw, checking the pins?!?!?!!!. And all it took was a little spray of Carb cleaner er either.

I don't have any experience at aluminum welding, YET, but have spare cases and the 40mm/50cc cylinder is cheap.
If I could get it to work, i'd invest in a 47mm cylinder.

The stock intake/reed/carb is available as well. Single side reed.

Steve
http://www.techno-weld.co.uk/home.html

they do the job... only need a decent torch. there is an art, and no, its not quite like soldering... but still.... nah. welders just say welding ali is hard...it isnt really ;) once you have a go with a decent AC tig and have some practice... biggest bit is learning to ball the electrode up, rather than grind to a point like you do with ferrous work. you cant strap a tig handpiece(and argon gas) to any regular cheapo stick welder and do ali, as they spit out AC. you just dont have variable duty cycle like the inverters have.

you can get ali welding rods for stick. just clean and preheat. may look horrible at first but they do work.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/121725228714?lpid=107&chn=ps

more of the zinc based "brazing" rods

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/331...2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107&chn=ps

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I gotta mig welder for $200 hade it for a while I don't know how to use it but I welded a bit and hit it hit it hard and it doesn't brake so that's how I checked my welding I just got a job at a sprocket company have been there for 7 months guess what as a welder so far it's lern as I go but the man I work with has done it for years and it seems that what I've been told and seen is 1 Inc by about 6mm thick of weld can hold a 1 tone. Sorry i try to tell everyone who is interested in getting a welder so easy to use yes a bit of an art but we'll worth it

plenty of youtube education courses to hone your skills or get edumacated.

i learnt on stick, transferring over to anything else is easy as. migs are just glue guns, but omg, they give terrible welds on ali! is okay if its just to fill up a hole, not so good if you need strength. preheats help.

then you look into 6G and 6F welding and practice! i find overheads are easy, verticals...well, they could improve somewhat...

some sticks are 11o,ooo psi tensile strength... thats 11 tonne (imperial) on a 1 inch bar! standard rods are 60,000 psi (ie, 6012 rods, common handyman rods)

welding, properly...you need to know a bit of physics, a bit of chemistry, a bit of metallurgy... and thats before even plugging a machine in!

ive had experience welding everything from ali, copper, titanium and steel, to nickel and even had a go at niobium...(columbium).

i cant gas weld with an oxytorch for the life of me though :D

there will be an electric start motor with pretty nice castings very soon. I hear bikeberry is going to be the first one selling it. price is going to be somewhere around $350
Correct, the actual measured 70cc Jilln Zeda 2-stroke auto oil bath-clutch combo pull/electric start kit.

It's pretty nice as far as improvements like a generator to support a 12V system, 4-bolt engine mounts front and rear and larger 1 gallon gas tank, but it is as wide as a 4-stroke system.

I got mine running with just the pull start and let my helper take it home over the weekend for testing.
We will get the battery mounted today but this how it sat Friday.

70ccL-1280.jpg

70ccR-1280.jpg

The big black box on the side is for all the electronics.

NOTE!
BB's kits, like mine, don't come with a battery so you won't have electric start until you buy a 12V battery and hook it up yourself!

Also note my sample was sent as a single unit air, BB is buying a cargo container full, pre-selling them, and they not EPA legal for import.

I have no problem dealing with pre-orders, but you might want to wait until they hit shore and clear customs first is all I'm saying as I asked them all about it and sure have my doubts about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back