Motorized bike choke lever loose

I have the stock carb I think NT carb, Google says to adjust the e clip in the throttle cylinder/jet needle

Thanks for the help

I suspected that would be what you had but I could have misled you without knowing for sure. I drive a four stroke Honda motor and I replaced my original carb with a rotary valve diaghram carb that acts as a fuel pump so I can eventually mount a fuel tank below the level of my carburetor as the honda motor has a top mounted tank on it. Let us know how it turns out. We are excited to hear from our new riders as your excitement reinvigorates our own fun of driving these bikes.

This is how my spark looked when took it off, it's dark and oily.

image.jpg

Its been running too rich. I suspected you'd find it looking like that. That appears to be a copper plug. You may want to consider an iridium sparkplug. You will also want to adjust your carb setting leaner and then monitor it after some driving time. It won't take long to get it dialed in.?

I took off the carb jet needle and put the e clip to the leanest setting possible which was one down from where it was before. I cleaned the spark plug and let it dry. Could this dark oily spark plug have been causes by the rich oil mixture in the gas.

Thanks again

It is normal for an engine to run extremely rich during break-in. It's really best not to time the carb or upgrade the spark plug until after break-in. Now that you've changed the clip setting, once you switch to a lighter mixture after break-in, the engine will most likely be too lean. Since you bought the bike used, it is not likely already broken in. You should probably be running at 4oz of oil to a gallon of gas.

I made the bike, I bought the engine brand new and mounted it on, it has only gone through one tank of gas. So I assume that it isn't in the break in period yet, all I've noticed is that it consumes a lot of gas. My filter was full and it got emptied in just a minute.

Its still in the break in period. The extra oil could easily be causing the plug to look as though your mixture was running rich. Next chance you get buy yourself an NGK iridium BPR7HIX or 5944 spark plug for it. As I mentioned, when making changes to your fuel mixture check your plug regularly to make sure you dont run it too lean.

Ok I will try getting myself one of those spark plugs. When I put my bike on neutral and roll the throttle, my bike takes 2-3 seconds to return to idle, is that a problem.

Thanks

Back