Motorized bike clutch issue? Grubbe Skyhawk 66cc

Redm777

Local time
4:48 AM
4C573F77-5C29-493A-BCE9-F118B6542740.jpeg

As circled the the lil bolt that sticks out, is loose. Could that be why my clutch doesn’t disengage. I’ve tried everything .. flower nut, cable, clutch arm, longer bucking bar..

As circled the the lil bolt that sticks out, is loose. Could that be why my clutch doesn’t disengage
When you squeeze and release the clutch handle, does the mandrel move in and out? You might have to adjust (tighten) the spring pre-loader nut.
I’ve tried everything .. flower nut, cable, clutch arm, longer bucking bar..
Longer bucking bar? That shouldn't be necessary. Can you really get different length bucking bars (that's news to me)?
Also the woodruff key is missing out of the sprocket
That would be a problem but doesn't affect clutch throw. Be sure there is a ball bearing (throwout bearing) along with the bucking bar. Be sure the ball bearing and bucking bar are well greased. This is what the assembly spins on when the clutch is disengaged.

Clutch throw: the distance the mandrel moves to disengage the pressure plate. It doesn't have to move much, just a few millimeters. Look at the clutch cam in the side case. It only pushes the bucking bar a little way when the cable pulls the lever inward. Adjust the flower nut to where the pressure plate doesn't drag on the friction pads (disengaged). There should be a little slack in the clutch cable too. Check the play at the clutch lever and the hand grip. There should be about 3mm of play so that the clutch cam isn't riding on the bucking bar when the clutch is engaged. Look at the gap at the hand grip and adjust using the cable adjuster.

P1020648.JPG

Clutch throw: the distance the mandrel moves to disengage the pressure plate. It doesn't have to move much, just a few millimeters. Look at the clutch cam in the side case. It only pushes the bucking bar a little way when the cable pulls the lever inward. Adjust the flower nut to where the pressure plate doesn't drag on the friction pads (disengaged). There should be a little slack in the clutch cable too. Check the play at the clutch lever and the hand grip. There should be about 3mm of play so that the clutch cam isn't riding on the bucking bar when the clutch is engaged. Look at the gap at the hand grip and adjust using the cable adjuster.

View attachment 169561
So the bike is now rrunning good, turns out it was bent collar pin, I had to take an old drill bit and chop it.

Back