Motorized Bike Generator

gearhead222

Local time
11:23 PM
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
No but i'm really really tempted to try using one. I want to see if it can give a decent charge to one of those little tiny 12volt batteries from the 'power wheels' toy cars. If so, then maybe my bike could use a small stereo and a stock horn from a 93 mazda pickup :D

Thanx Hellbound! The vendor included a couple of taillight bulbs after my friction generator blew out the stock one-He recommended the SPDT switch to ground out the signal when not needed-Will keep you updated:)-Gearhead

Dear Fellow Members-Installed with switch and it works great! The vendor recommended also buying the SPDT switch to ground out the generator signal when not needed. Worked great for me, as my headlight switch is cheese deluxe at best. Found some 6.3V 250 mA blubs at Radio Crap and they work great with my tailight-Gearhead222

Can someone tell me how this guy was able to get 12v from his lighting coil for his headlight and tail and stoplight with the 4-Stroke HuaSheng engine. Because I would love to do the same and have lights without batteries

That silver box on the back of the pull start cover is a coil and the magnet on the flywheel passes close by inducing current flow (electricity). Not sure if it is home built or something he bought.

That silver box on the back of the pull start cover is a coil and the magnet on the flywheel passes close by inducing current flow (electricity). Not sure if it is home built or something he bought.

Hi have being searching on the net, ebay, gasbike, Amazon, BikeBerry and others but no one seems to have one I guess this guy building on his own but he doesn't really tell you how he build it. Looks like he did a cut out on the Shrout to able to place back the cover.

Back