Motorized Bike In Hot Summer Days

I live in socal and have to adjust my idle a/f mixture between winter and summer. If I try to run the same winter settings during the summer it's too rich. Winter gets below freezing, summer gets 115-120f.

Higher temps reduce air density and the amount of available oxygen. Lower density means less oxygen for combustion
Hotter days require smaller jetting. Or ya can try adjusting your air fuel mix screw

Elevation is usually around -5 meters (-16 feet).
And i have my clip on leanest notch.
You only want leanest level at higher elevations such as my area at 4500 ft above sea level...Higher elevation=less air density.

You are -16 feet below sea level...Lower elevation=richer air density.

You need to reset your needle valve to at least the center notch...Run the engine for a bit and re-adjust the idle screw once it is warmed up fully.

If spark plug is over a year old, just replace it with an NGK-B6HS plug, gapped at 25 thousandths of an inch.

This should hopefully help your situation with maintaining an idle...DAMIEN

You only want leanest level at higher elevations such as my area at 4500 ft above sea level...Higher elevation=less air density.

You are -16 feet below sea level...Lower elevation=richer air density.

You need to reset your needle valve to at least the center notch...Run the engine for a bit and re-adjust the idle screw once it is warmed up fully.

If spark plug is over a year old, just replace it with an NGK-B6HS plug, gapped at 25 thousandths of an inch.

This should hopefully help your situation with maintaining an idle...DAMIEN
Thanks for answering but idle problem was only in summer. That's why i proceeded to lean out. Now its very cold fuel can't atomize well and spark plug fouls. Also i use bp5hs works better for me.

Back