Motorized Bike In Hot Summer Days

Ahmet

Local time
5:36 PM
The temperature here is around 95-105 Fahrenheit Degrees ( 35-40 Celsius Degrees).
My bike was just fine until summer has started.
Now my bike wont idle by itself, i have to maintain rpm with my hand.
When it is cool; it idles great but when it gets hot (usually 5 mins of riding) it wont idle.
We have a saying for 2 strokes (inflation(elements get larger with higher temps, larger piston, rings = more frictional force )) applied.
May that be true?

Higher temps reduce air density and the amount of available oxygen. Lower density means less oxygen for combustion
Hotter days require smaller jetting. Or ya can try adjusting your air fuel mix screw

Higher temps reduce air density and the amount of available oxygen. Lower density means less oxygen for combustion
Hotter days require smaller jetting. Or ya can try adjusting your air fuel mix screw
First thanks for supporting.
If i continue like this am i likely to damage the engine or something?

Maybe your idle rpm is set too low, not air/fuel mixture screw.
Sorry i forgot to mention.
I tried to find the right idle rpm many times.
It will not idle, my throttle cable never been this tight but still won't idle.

What's your current jetting and elevation? Maybe posting a video of it running will help diagnose the problem as well.

What's your current jetting and elevation? Maybe posting a video of it running will help diagnose the problem as well.
Bike currently runs on .60 jet.
Elevation is usually around -5 meters (-16 feet).
I considered recording a vid but it is really hard for me.

The problem occurs only below half throttle?
Is this the NT carb?
Have you lowered the needle in the c-clip to its lowest setting (by raising the c-clip to the needle's highest notch)?

Did you derestrict your intake/ intake gasket before attaching to your cylinder and checking for leaks? Actually im sure that isnt it.. 😅
I can only imagine what 40°C is like for running the engine. The only 40°C I've experienced is indoors. Hard to imagine the effect on your engine so I'll let someone from a hot USA region answer.
good luck with your bike. :):coffee: Sorry im no help :seenoevil:

Back