Motorized Bike Laws aren't strict in Chicago.

How is your ebike doing? Got pics yet?
I have it done, its just ive been busy with computer science school and the weather is extremely cold, like 40 degrees in the garage... I have everything wired up except i need a throttle... I do charge it via 4 server power supplies in series and that seems to work albeit though it doesnt seem to charge any more after 80% soc... it just like trickles which is fine i guess i dont care. ill put some pics later...
You know I do have 2 ebikes though....
The one i salvaged the pusher bike from is fine, except the bms died and its a cheap chinese battery so im to lazy to fix it....
The other one is nearly done, charged via server powersupplies and runs off of 200 A123 lifepo4 20650 or 22650 cells i forget lol 20### something
Since its lifepo4 and these a123 cells are a beast i dont run a bms on it... I basically have the BMS on wire clips so when charging i can hook it up to each cell and then take them off? Why cause i have 2 of these a123 packs and i didnt want to buy 2 bms so 1bms can just be unclipped and used on the second one. I did buy a AC/DC clamp meter from amazon for 40 dollars so i am really happy about that... i tested it out and it works great. I checked its accuracy by taking my 50 volt battery and put an 10 ohm value resistor?, i forget anyways, and used ohm law to calculate the current. I then took my clamp meter and measured the current and it was the same manual value, proving its accurate.

Last edited:
Maybe you could have a hydro electric generator and charge the batteries for free.
nah. Just tighten the calibration screw on the mechanical electric meters to get free power... Or take a microwave transformer and cut out the secondary and wrap it around a power line.... The power line will induce an EMF in the microwave transformer and generate power in the primary, without any pysical connection at all just via induction.... you can use the power line that goes to your house for safety cause 10kv might kill ya but those powerlines are like 240 on the house

Back