motorized bike loosing power

Kash66

Local time
2:42 AM
Hi I am new to these motorized bike, I recently just bought one and it seems as if it looses power when I'm riding, I can't go as fast I use to go. The engine also makes a noisy sound and doesn't go very fast when I give it gas. I think there may be a leak. Also I have another question, I primed my carb but the bubbles In the filter don't go away. when I do put the throttle in the full I hear a grinding noise, could that be the muffler. sorry for the noob questions.

sounds like head gasket needs tightening and maybe chain needs adjusting

sounds like head gasket needs tightening and maybe chain needs adjusting

Could it be the intake gasket that it's leaking from or the muffler gasket or no. Also if it is the head gasket that's leaking, do you know a way that I can check if it's leaking. Thanks

clean any part where you are looking for a leak with a parer towel wrapped around a flat screwdriver to get in between fins - a bit of gas is good for cleaning

next run the bike for a bit & see if oil shows up on the motor somewhere - if so, that's where you're leaking

I'd avoid water since any water in the mag cover might short out the mag.

ok cleaned up the place and then sprayed some brake cleaner on the intake gasket, the bike started the chuckle and then stopped. I checked if my intake is loose but it's tight, so you know anyway that I can fix that. Thanks

Ok thanks, do you know why sometimes my throttle seems to get loose when my engine is running, when I shut it off the throttle seems to go back to being tighter.

Back