Motorized Bike Mount

carolinareaper03

Local time
9:50 AM

Has anyone here uses or has used a mount like this one? I am looking into getting a different mount to replace that U shaped mount for wider tubes and was wondering if anyone uses them and if they're any good. Is it a good replacement for that U mount?

Measure your downtube first what size is mount you were looking at? Should work fine if it’s the right size. There’s also u mounts with 2 ubolts.

I tried using one of those clamp mounts on my last 2-stroke build, I found that it caused the engine to sit up wayyy too high in the frame at an awkward angle, leaving me very little clearance for the carb. This might be due to my frame being non-standard, tho. Just wouldn't work for me.

You'll basically be adding ~2¼ to 2¾" to the height of your front engine mount. If you think you have enough room to accommodate that, the clamp mount will work for you, if not, the double U-bolt is what I use on my fat downtube.

I tried using one of those clamp mounts on my last 2-stroke build, I found that it caused the engine to sit up wayyy too high in the frame at an awkward angle, leaving me very little clearance for the carb. This might be due to my frame being non-standard, tho. Just wouldn't work for me.

You'll basically be adding ~2¼ to 2¾" to the height of your front engine mount. If you think you have enough room to accommodate that, the clamp mount will work for you, if not, the double U-bolt is what I use on my fat downtube.
I appreciate your response and Im sure that the double u bolt would work better in my case since i am using a beach bike that wouldn't be able to provide enough room for the mount pictured above. Thank you for your recommendation and information, I am definitely getting the double u bolt mount now

i wondered abt those too bcs some are anodized colors. my frames are always a tight fit. maybe it's good for bigger frames.
same here. u-bolting for now

Back