Motorized bike, question about 48cc and 80cc 2 stroke

Vikingimike01

Local time
1:37 PM
Hello forum!

I have a question. I bought a 2 stroke engine kit. The upper engine wall got damaged, and the chrome plating flaked off (Almost all of it) ( I was riding 4 gas tanks without the muffler on, could this be the reason? Since it could suck cold air in the hot engine? ) and I have to get a new one. Now the current one is 48cc. If I buy the 80cc version of the gaskets, head, cylinder, and piston, could I bolt them on my 48cc? I have the NT carburetor.

It costs less to buy the new parts (Even if I want to upgrade to 80cc) than to buy a new engine here. And both the 48cc and the 80cc parts cost the same.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hello forum!

I have a question. I bought a 2 stroke engine kit. The upper engine wall got damaged, and the chrome plating flaked off (Almost all of it) ( I was riding 4 gas tanks without the muffler on, could this be the reason? Since it could suck cold air in the hot engine? ) and I have to get a new one. Now the current one is 48cc. If I buy the 80cc version of the gaskets, head, cylinder, and piston, could I bolt them on my 48cc? I have the NT carburetor.

Thanks in advance!
Might be worth the cost to buy a new engine instead. That's what I chose to do when my crankshaft bent. It would have been more work to fix than to buy a better one. I upgraded from a 48cc to an 80cc from CaliforniaMotorbikes.com

The new engine has Japanese bearings and American grade 8 steel bolts. Roughly the same cost as the older Chinesium engine.

It costs less to buy the parts in the country I live in, that is why I asked. And, it's the same price for 48cc and for the 80cc parts too.

Can I modify anything for it to fit? What should be done? Or do I need a completely new low end? What if I have my local mechanic drill my current broken 48cc to bigger and get a bigger piston?

Can I modify anything for it to fit? What should be done? Or do I need a completely new low end? What if I have my local mechanic drill my current broken 48cc to bigger and get a bigger piston?
80cc top end parts will not fit 48cc bottom. Like crassius just said. Lol :rolleyes:
That's it. No ifs or buts. End of story. Now buy the 48cc cylinder. :p

or buy a whole 80cc motor - they come in 66cc and 70cc when called 80cc & I like the 70cc with 40mm stroke

Thanks guys, one day I'll buy a 80cc one (I could get a license for the cost of one here, and then I could get a normal motorcycle.. But you know riding a bicycle with an engine is much more cooler! And the looks I get! Haha worth every penny.)

Also when I'll buy a 80cc one how do I make sure it's a 70cc with the 40mm stroke? The stroke is how much the piston moves down right? No one ever writes specs and dimensions on their engine.

Thanks guys, one day I'll buy a 80cc one (I could get a license for the cost of one here, and then I could get a normal motorcycle.. But you know riding a bicycle with an engine is much more cooler! And the looks I get! Haha worth every penny.)

Also when I'll buy a 80cc one how do I make sure it's a 70cc with the 40mm stroke? The stroke is how much the piston moves down right? No one ever writes specs and dimensions on their engine.
If they don't tell you it has a 40mm stroke then it's almost certainly a 66cc

Back