Motorized Bike Rear Mag Wheel Install w/ Disc Brakes

• Thread starter Deleted member 30828
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30828

I posted a few days ago that my standard bike rim walls kept forming cracks and splitting apart, and I'm now needing to buy and install my 3rd wheel in just over a year.

You guys informed me it's the brake pads chewing through the wall, and suggested I upgrade to Mag wheels with disc brakes.

So... I just got my new Mag wheel and disc brake, and I'm having a hard time finding any detailed instructions or videos online for how to convert to this new setup. Hopefully this post can be used as reference for others having the same trouble.

Now that I have the wheel, I can not see how the heck the rear sprocket is supposed to be mounted on the wheel. Supposedly the Mag wheel I purchased is made for motorized bikes, but of course, it does not come with instructions.

Do I need some sort of adapter for the sprocket?

Any help is appreciated, and I'm sure others would find the answers useful as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210817-123237.jpg
    Screenshot_20210817-123237.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_20210817_133330.jpg
    IMG_20210817_133330.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 315
The bracket I bought to mount the caliper doesn't seem to fit on my bike properly. There are other designs that might work better.
I know i posted this before but i believe this is the bracket you will need for front and rear caliper to attach...DAMIEN

I posted a few days ago that my standard bike rim walls kept forming cracks and splitting apart, and I'm now needing to buy and install my 3rd wheel in just over a year.

You guys informed me it's the brake pads chewing through the wall, and suggested I upgrade to Mag wheels with disc brakes.

So... I just got my new Mag wheel and disc brake, and I'm having a hard time finding any detailed instructions or videos online for how to convert to this new setup. Hopefully this post can be used as reference for others having the same trouble.

Now that I have the wheel, I can not see how the heck the rear sprocket is supposed to be mounted on the wheel. Supposedly the Mag wheel I purchased is made for motorized bikes, but of course, it does not come with instructions.

Do I need some sort of adapter for the sprocket?

Any help is appreciated, and I'm sure others would find the answers useful as well.
Got the same f***ing problems dude. This bracket sure in the s**t ain't gonna fit. First of all the the China man designer was smoking his opium pipe when drawing this up in his opium dream. The axel is going the opposite. Second it's too small third none of those Chinese know what they are selling
JUST WHAT SIZE DISC DOES IT FIT?
Ah donno.
Now I bought a billet from the bike ferry looks nice but the spacer dose not fit!
I called them on phone argued half hour both of us screaming at each other on the phone.
Now what would have been a simple remedy was to know not to pay $40.00 more for a 220mm disc but to change the spacer that a master certified bicycle mechanic did not point this out costing me time and confusion.
Well, yesterday the mechanic left a new mechanic came on shift look at it brought several adapters found one fit 3 bucks headache depression left. I'm not sure but I think the master mechanic wants to make my life miserable.

Now if anyone of you bought bike ferry mags it comes with a gear spacer disc, I'm pretty sure it comes with 2 spacers not just 1the mechanic got his hands on it first and I think he did not put both of them back because it is essential to have 2 to push the disc out so you can slid the caliper in place. Damien probably knows.
On the one pic for the bike berry billet a part number for you to order or cross reference with another brand.

Attachments

• 16301717305422954714117368091744.jpg
    16301717305422954714117368091744.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 195
  • 20210827_170837_HDR.jpg
    20210827_170837_HDR.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 20210804_165426_HDR.jpg
    20210804_165426_HDR.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 208
Back